Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 08:36 AM

Default Re: 2 hands, advice please

I'd say they're only worth two. Diamonds are no good for us close to 100% of the time so that leaves us with 4, then I think reverse domination takes us to 2, maybe 2.5 but not 3 I don't think. How many people at these levels limp in with KT or QT? Lots and lots.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:39 AM

I see it. thanks
Old 12-07-2005, 08:59 AM

Hand 1/ Raise or fold, just calling would be really weak. Raise since you hopefully make the blinds fold and it also gives you a better idea of how much UTG likes his hand. If he 3-bets I would put him on a better king.
Hand 2/ Yes, I raise this pre-flop everytime from MP/LP, EP I would consider limping at a loose table and raising if tight. On the turn you're geting 12:1, which I don't think is enough considering that you're probably behind SB even if you hit a king or a queen. I'd fold, but it's close, I definetly wouldn't fold AK.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:39 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I may have posted hand two incorrectly causing confusion. On the turn I was getting 16 to 1 as the SB bet and three players called before me. I posted this hand because I felt like a jerk folding on the turn. A king hit on the river and I would have won. SB had 99's. One player had AT and another had K5. If I remember Ed Miller wrote a post stating that one of the biggest flaws in SSHE players was folding incorrectly in big pots. I'm probably being results oriented but at 16 to 1 I only need somewhere less than 3 outs to call.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn I was getting 16 to 1 as the SB bet and three players called before me. I posted this hand because I felt like a jerk folding on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? You have King high right now. SB is indicating he can beat at least that. Your overcards would be 3 outs total and a call would be just baaaaaaarely profitable (46/3=6.52% chance of winning when you're putting in 6.25% of the pot), but I can't even give you those three because the diamonds are tainted. If the rake is triggered at 15BB you have to subtract one as well, so even your straight pot odds would have been short. Further your BDSD is broke. It's a muck.