Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 08:03 AM

Default Re: Eurobet cashout

I just looked. The first ten posts are saying the same thing.

Lori
Old 10-09-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Eurobet cashout

Thanks Lori, I must have missed it.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: The day the music died?

My once comment about what happen at party is this. The PartyPoker Boss is stupid in many ways. No respect of customers ( how they don't care about us, how they bannish so easily their customers for pokerprophecy use ( this soft is a real joke )).
How they act so agressively in business, exceeding the limits of ethics, behaving like a young go-getter.

I can only guess an accident for Partypoker for the next months at least ...
Old 10-09-2005, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...there is the potential for this to end up okay.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Which actually would be too bad. I have no idea what Party is up to, I mean really up to, but it doesn't appear like it's something that will be good for anybody but Party.

They've screwed over the skins. They're syphoning off money with the blackjack and sidebets. (I noticed the BJ button on PokerNow last week, btw, but didn't put any thought into it.) They're going to find many other ways to remove money out of the poker economy. I can just see no way that what has happened will turn out okay for anybody but Party. I can come up with a lot of scenarios, but none of them are good. Like sex, it was good while it lasted.

CJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Cactus, I seriously think you need to reconsider your dim BJ predictions. IMO, adding BJ seriously helps, not hurts. Think about it some more.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:59 AM

This is what I'll be doing for the next few days or the next week until all this confusion blows over:

http://www.tightpoker.com/bonus/

This will probably help my post-flop game anyway.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:09 AM

I'm not sure I agree here. Can you share your reasoning? As far as I can see, it makes tilting players lose money. That's fine, but they lose money out of the poker economy instead of to other players who're likely going to lose it eventually too.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...there is the potential for this to end up okay.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Which actually would be too bad. I have no idea what Party is up to, I mean really up to, but it doesn't appear like it's something that will be good for anybody but Party.

They've screwed over the skins. They're syphoning off money with the blackjack and sidebets. (I noticed the BJ button on PokerNow last week, btw, but didn't put any thought into it.) They're going to find many other ways to remove money out of the poker economy. I can just see no way that what has happened will turn out okay for anybody but Party. I can come up with a lot of scenarios, but none of them are good. Like sex, it was good while it lasted.

CJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Cactus, I seriously think you need to reconsider your dim BJ predictions. IMO, adding BJ seriously helps, not hurts. Think about it some more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless there is a massive influx of online blackjack players that all of a sudden want to try their luck at poker all of a sudden, you are wrong Scuba.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[censored] Party Poker. in the ass. hard.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-09-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate Party Poker as much as I hate Nazis, slavery, and every girl on MTV's 'My Super Sweet 16'. I really hope that I can find a place to play that is as profitable as Party Poker is because I don't want to give them my money. They have never attempted to do anything other than make more money. They have no desire to please their customers.

Also, the sidebet and BJ things need to go, fast.

[censored] Party Poker. in the ass. hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is going to cost you guys a lot of money, but it's just business. They are in the business to make money, just like me and you. You would dump party in a second if you could make more money elsewhere, but if they come back with a good deal, you'll come back right back. They are no better or worse than us.

They have an obligation to their shareholders to maximize profits just like any other company. It's not personal. You could argue that these moves are bad for their business, but we'll have to wait and see. PokerStars doesn't offer rakeback, and nobody is complaining about their policies.

They offered rakeback for a while, realized it was a terrible idea, and then changed it. I'm just suprised that it took this long.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:47 AM

I think what i'll do is get a friend to open an affiliate account. Then start a new account under my dad's name and sign up through the affiliate, and have 12.5% rakeback.