Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: \"Default situational plays\" - your favorites?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I raise AK, get a call from a LAG who limped before me.

Flop is something like A J 6. He checks, I make my 'continuation bet'. He calls.

Turn goes check-check.

He bets big on the river, I insta-call and he flips over QJ thinking it was good the entire way. Or, he flips over air. They just never expect someone to check top pair on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

This play is GOLD. I use this all the time with great success. Also keeps you out of trouble with a 1 pair hand when he has you smoked and was trying for the c/r on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has you smoked and is going for a c/r on the turn, how are you dodging trouble if you call his huge bet on the river?

ERBY [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple. It keeps the pot small. Now if his bet on the river is pot size it's not "huge". I'm not saying call a massive push.

Classic "lose the least when you're behind/win the most when you're ahead" concept.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:21 AM

Default Re: \"Default situational plays\" - your favorites?

If I'm in a blind and am in the hand for any reason and the flop comes something like Q66,I love to check raise the flop if anybody bets when there are only one or two people in the hand with me.
/jaxz