Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 05:06 AM

Default Party 1/2 vs 2/4

I've been playing 1/2 LHE on Party Poker and doing extremely well.
I'm very conservative (with my bankroll, not my play) and was wondering how much better the players in the 2/4 games on party are.
Are the players just as terrible, or is it a significant jump in the level of play?
thanks a lot.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Party 1/2 vs 2/4

Players are not any better, they just start to care a little bit about the money. If you've read SSHE you should be able to kill party 2-4 without much of a problem.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:00 AM

I have lost quite a lot on 2/4 even though I do good on 1/2. There are more thight players there, and I have problems playing as aggressively as I should. This is due to my bankroll. If you have a large bankroll, and are not timid about going up a level you should try.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:21 AM

I think Party 2/4 is a bit looser than 1/2 this is because there is no 6 max tables at 2/4. At 1/2 you can play more agressive and your semi bluffs will force players to fold.

At 2/4 your semi bluffs and agressiv play has less value because other players will call you down with any flopped small pair.

I think a better strategy at 2/4 is to limp more with 55-88 from utg. Suitet connectors like 89s if min 2 players are in before you. If you dont catch a hand or a big draw at the flop just save the money and fold. When you hit somthing, just pump it up, its wery profitable.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:37 AM

Depends on time of day. The bad players are just as bad, but there are more and more good players as you move up. 2/4 is the first level where people who make a living doing this start to show up (and the ones who do so at this level play a LOT of tables, so they will be at your tables a lot too).

You will probably start to think of a good table as nothing more than a couple bad players on whom you have position, rather than a table full of bad players. Start using your buddy list. Good luck.