Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-08-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Wait or go (and why)?

Third orbit at the table. BB is 33/10, so far. No idea of his 3-bet standards. I have seen him raise the flop with 55 on a 972 board and then take a free card on the turn. SB seems reasonable; he has been running good. CO is bad - loose and passive.

Party Poker (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
2 folds, Hero raises, 1 fold, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, BB 3-bets, all call.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players - 12 SB)</font>
SB checks, BB bets, Hero ???

Is this a possible wait-for-the-turn, or a clear raise-now? One the one hand, there are plently of possible 4-6 outers I would love to see fold. On the other hand, the 4 outers probably didn't make it this far and the 6 outers won't fold anyway at this point (but might fold on the turn). On the third hand, there are a huge number of cards which I would hate to see (hearts and aces topping that list). Finally there is a fairly good chance I am behind here, but I am not sure if I can better find out with a raise here or on the turn.

Thoughts?
Old 12-08-2005, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Wait or go (and why)?

Raise now. The question comes if BB 3-bets. Then I don't know what to do. Probably call then fold UI. UI would mean no 9,T,8,6.

Thoughts.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:30 AM

I would raise. If you get 3-bet, you can safely fold the turn unimproved. If everyone just calls, you can keep firing on a non-scary turn. The ideal situation is if CO and SB fold and BB calls (or if everyone folds, of course). BB could be very likely just continuing his PF aggression with overcards with a not too scary flop.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:37 AM

I reraise the flop. Odds are the BB does have you beat but you should keep him wondering. Now's the time to push the field to put up two bets. I'd call down any reraise to see the turn. Unimproved on the turn I'd resign myself to the reality that 99 rarely wins at such tables.