Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-15-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: simple situation, yet I am unsure.

call down with a pair of kings
Old 12-15-2005, 03:02 PM

So you think we'll win often enough to call down.

You see i chose the king rather than ace as ace is more of a common pair (Ace +rag). King however isnt as common and in CO is usually a raise or fold.

16% PFR from a villan i'd be suprised if he didnt raise it.

So here i put him on a flush more so than a king, maybe a bluff too but OP's read says he didnt bet a OESD... so he seems to like his hit hands as opposed to drawing hands.

So if we disregaurd a bluff attempt, assume a flush or a king.

now ill pick two lines for us, Call down is simple its either a win or a loss, Establishing the number of times we win or lose must be equal for this to be break even. +2 bets sometimes, -2bets another time.

So say we spend these two bets to 3bet him.

Now a flush will most likly cap, A king will call or fold.

We can fold to a cap and lose showdown as we assume we're behind anyhow. However if he calls we get 3bets out of him for this 3bet... and 1 on the river if we bet.

Occasionally he'll fold a king and call down with a flush.

So upon review, it seems 3betting sucks. Should he always call down a king though we're getting maybe a tad more out of him?

Although you could argue a flush will call us down sometimes too(Weak queen high or something) and lose again.

I'm just testing out different lines and trying to establish which lines work vs what hands.

Cheers guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thought i'd try get a bit more content out of this [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 03:06 PM

i don't follow?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers guys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thought i'd try get a bit more content out of this [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Sorry my OP was so relatively contentless. I have been feeling terribly weak-tight recently, so I wanted a gut check. Unfortunately the hand I chose was not particularly good (but it shows how weak I've been feeling [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) Your addition definitely is helping to get me back on track, mentally.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:33 PM

No worrys Octopus - The turn BET is actually more interesting than the fold after the raise IMO.

Its often tough to wonder wheter to bet OOP or check/call or even C/f.

Betting gets us raises by bluffs and flushes, Checking gets us bet into by bluffs a hell of alot more but doesn't get us raised if we wish to continue.

I'd want to know his "Fold Turn %'s" and WTSD/W$SD. Also WSDWRT (Won Show Down When Raise Turn %'s).

Although your read says he seems to only play made hands however he also checked behind with a OESD. So this implys he may not bet as a bluff so a check/call.

HMM i'll come back to this tommorow. Going bed now. Probably double post here sorry.