Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 01:19 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (11/10) (10/20 NL)

Good to be back everyone....thanks for watching and for your support. It's nice to be in a new area - hopefully more people will enjoy the show now. As far as I'm concerned, the more people watch, the more people post about it - the more we all learn.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send me a private message.

Once again, thanks! See ya tomorrow night for our crazy friday night!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Bart and Dave,

Please get a ruling on that raise. I was playing about 2 weeks ago at the Bike and I was involved with a pot against Ed regarding this very situation. Three of us saw a flop and player A checked, I checked, and Ed bet 150. Player A went all in for a total of 180 and I called under the impression Ed could not reraise. Ed said he could, player A said he could, and the dealer said he could. Ed ended up reraising all in and pushed me out. What is the ruling on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

If these facts are right then there is NO WAY Ed can raise. This wouldn't even be allowed in limit poker (where a raise of half or more re-opens the betting). Next time call the floor.

~ Rick
Old 11-11-2005, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Carlos, Gor, and Tony are headed for whitewater! They're gonna be talking about this dramatic hand for the next 500 years!

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry wasnt able to tune in tonight. anyone care to explain what went on in this hand? was it better than last night when Tim Phan was handed the straight to him on a silver platter by that trapping fellow? (forgot his name) thanks.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:39 AM

I'm watching the 7,2 vs. AA episode, and would just like to say CAN WE GET NEW COMMENTATORS!!!!!!!!!!! These ones SUCK AT POKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also the play is just horrible.

On one hand a guy raised with AKo to $220 another called with AJo, flopped ace, AK bets, AJ raises, AK calls, turn AK leads, AJ folds. Everyone thinks that it's a good lay down with AJ and he made a good play. If you think that way, YOU SUCK AT POKER!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD, the correct play was to fold AJo to a 11 times bb raise pf. (and yes I know it was straddled)
Old 11-11-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Carlos, Gor, and Tony are headed for whitewater! They're gonna be talking about this dramatic hand for the next 500 years!

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry wasnt able to tune in tonight. anyone care to explain what went on in this hand? was it better than last night when Tim Phan was handed the straight to him on a silver platter by that trapping fellow? (forgot his name) thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember the preflop action but the hands were:

Gor: Q4s
Carlos: Bill Fillmaff
Tony: Q7s
George 55

Flop: Q-7-5r

Gor moved all-in for like $200. Carlos decides to call for no good reason. George raises another like $500. Tony calls. Gor starts to get up, puts his jacket on. Carlos RERAISES because he's got a backdoor straight draw. George moves all-in. Tony calls. Carlos calls.

Turn: 7
River: blank
Old 11-11-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm watching the 7,2 vs. AA episode, and would just like to say CAN WE GET NEW COMMENTATORS!!!!!!!!!!! These ones SUCK AT POKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also the play is just horrible.

On one hand a guy raised with AKo to $220 another called with AJo, flopped ace, AK bets, AJ raises, AK calls, turn AK leads, AJ folds. Everyone thinks that it's a good lay down with AJ and he made a good play. If you think that way, YOU SUCK AT POKER!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD, the correct play was to fold AJo to a 11 times bb raise pf. (and yes I know it was straddled)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you got a chance to finally watch the show. Thanks for the warm words.