Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: A tough decision

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone raise the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

... BARF. No don't ever do that. What calls you that you beat? And how many hands that you beat push over you. Do not do that.

I like how you played it though. I think pf with position and not that much back to you it's a good call. Might as well check the flop as it is essentially way ahead / way behind. Might as well let the junk take a shot or think they're good. Turn I don't like raising for the same reason. River just call. I think a fold is no good considering how much you've underepresented your hand and how much people suck.

Nice hand.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:05 PM

It is so difficult to play these hands early with no reads.

To the BB, your bet of 3xbb + 30 for the limpers just means you have a hand you don't want to play in a multi-way pot. In general, that means you don't have small pairs or suited connectors, so mid-high pocket pairs or high cards are your most logical holdings.

His re-raise means he wants to play you heads up -- out of position. A call by him may convince a limper, or both to tag along for the price. So, the good news is, you got what you wanted. I guess, the bad news is, now what?

I think given the way the hand played out, you should be concerned about QQ, or AA. AK makes sense as well, but you are holding that hand. Often bets aren't deceptive. Sometimes bets mean exactly what they appear to mean. He could have JJ, or even TT/99 he couldn't get away from and didn't like the two overcards.

I think at these levels a re-raise pre-flop and checking this particular flop screams: Fancy Play Syndrome. The turn bet is a whiffed check/raise, not a stab at the pot. The river bet is a milking bet. I think you are behind.

I'd put on my "weak tight" hat and fold.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:11 PM

I am all-in on the flop and I do not see any other option here at a 22. I cannot believe we are playing scared of QQ.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am all-in on the flop and I do not see any other option here at a 22. I cannot believe we are playing scared of QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say this is my line too. This is a f'n 22 this guy could have reraised you with TT or AQ easily. I'm ready to go down on this one AFTER the flop. Preflop push is just Horrible IMHO.

Straight Flushes,

SAM
Old 10-29-2005, 01:46 PM

I don't agree with you thought process. You're playing this hand as though it's the first hand of the WSOP ME with a 10000 chipstack.

Either fold BTF or push. You don't have enough money to call BTF. With all the dead money this is an easy push for me.

Once I flop TPTK with a short stack my chips one way or the other are going into the middle.

This is a $22 SNG, don't turn this into rocket science.

Bruce
Old 10-29-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This does not maximize value at all.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:54 PM

I think if you bet the flop, maybe around 2/3 of the pot, you might have a better idea if you are ahead, behind or in position to join the masses who go up in flames with top pair/top kicker. KK, QQ, maybe not KQoff could be behind a big re-raise preflop on an early hand and possible lurking donkies. I sure as hell wouldn't raise on the river. You gave nothing more than a gut read on calling his river bet which looks like a milker in my opinion. What happened?
Old 10-29-2005, 02:04 PM

That is a tough one...

Not many people reraise to 175 in the 22s without something decent so you could see AA KK or QQ or AK here. AQ or AJ or TT or JJ is also possible though.

I like betting on the flop here.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:25 PM

Thanks for all the feedback.

1. To those who said "bet the flop", what's your plan for the rest of the hand?

2. To those who said that they're trying to get all their chips in on the flop (basically you're assuming I'm ahead), am I not getting more value slowplaying this? Wouldn't a river push after his bet make sense then?
Old 10-29-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the feedback.

1. To those who said "bet the flop", what's your plan for the rest of the hand?

2. To those who said that they're trying to get all their chips in on the flop (basically you're assuming I'm ahead), am I not getting more value slowplaying this? Wouldn't a river push after his bet make sense then?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with almost everything said in this thread, and it sounds like you're feeling that vibe. I don't know why everyone is so anxious to find out where they are when they can get to showdown for almost the same price. And if you get all your chips in on this flop you are not ahead.