Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: So what poker software would you like to see?

Ummmm, I think that PT does this, but not in real time, and will add it to your notes if you autorate someone (at least mine is set up that way). But I'm a complete computer idiot (and an idiot in most other areas), so I could be wrong.

-Jaran
Old 11-22-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ummmm, I think that PT does this, but not in real time, and will add it to your notes if you autorate someone (at least mine is set up that way). But I'm a complete computer idiot (and an idiot in most other areas), so I could be wrong.

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]
I set mine up this way as well. You can export notes from PT and have it show the top x# of hands raised and how often.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-Jaran

[/ QUOTE ]

PT has a function to export the hands raised with preflop to the notes-file. Those stats are independent of position though.
I didn't find the option to have the notes exportet when you autorate a player. It wouldn't work while you're playing anyway, because the poker-software needs to be closed normally to have full access to the notes file and making sure that changes to it are permanent (the software often overwrites changes made during runtime when you close it).
Old 11-22-2005, 03:22 PM

You saved me hours of note taking, Pity you can only export ten... but hey!

Nice one.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:10 PM

make a financial program (preferably one that works with PT), that can also keep track of other things like live play, bonuses, rakeback, and poker related expenses.

i've got taxes on the brain.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:52 PM

I've read that if you make 100K and lose 100K playing poker during the year (in other words you were 100% break even) you STILL owe taxes on the 100K?

If this is true, then like... geez.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've read that if you make 100K and lose 100K playing poker during the year (in other words you were 100% break even) you STILL owe taxes on the 100K?

[/ QUOTE ]

nevermind.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you don't. Those loses are acknowledged by goverment (canada anyways??) When you have real estate business or whatever, or stock trading, you're loses are recognised, and you pay taxes on your fiscal net profit (before tax). ...i think...
Old 11-22-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you don't. Those loses are acknowledged by goverment (canada anyways??) When you have real estate business or whatever, or stock trading, you're loses are recognised, and you pay taxes on your fiscal net profit (before tax). ...i think...

[/ QUOTE ]
*sigh*

Here we go again. You are taxed on your winnings, not your net gain. In your federal taxes, you can claim your losses as itemized deductions. In certain states, (like IL - my current state of residence) itemized deductions do not exist. In that case, you get taxed on your winnings only and just have to suck up your losses.

So yes, if you win 100k and lose 100k, it seems like you break even. According to the IRS, though, you owe a shitload of money.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

*sigh*

Here we go again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about Canadian law. Its the first time I talk about taxes on the internet with strangers.

And it seems you agree with my post?