Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Pokerstars deep stack tourny

Anybody try this yet? I played it yesterday for the first time. I would recommend it for someone looking to gain tourney experience. They start you at 5000 chips. You get tons of play before the blinds become a problem in this tourney.

But on the minus side, it's a big time commitment. Over 1400 entries so it goes on forever. I busted out 15th with over 10 hours invested and only got $114.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars deep stack tourny

I really enjoy the $100+9 tourney on Saturdays.

Its great to play deep stack. It is a time commitment, but I like the opportunity to play 'poker'.

I'd like them to have some more higher buyins.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:26 PM

I played one 2 saturdays ago (10+1) and was suprised how fishy it was. Seems more chips means that they can chase worse odds since they'll have chips left. Saw alot of gutshots being chased (and some gotten) and saw people calling down hands with ace high.

I only got to the beginning of the third hour in that one, bad beat followed by losing 2 coinflips KOed me. I'll likely enter another one sometime, although I can really only enter the saturday one cuz of my schedule. I really like the structure though, real nice.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:02 PM

If I somehow find that I have absolutely nothing to do tommorow afternoon, I plan on playing the 22plo deep stack.

Should be interesting.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:38 PM

About how long do these deep stack tourneys take?
Old 11-07-2005, 03:44 PM

I played one for 30 bux, I hated it way toooo slow.
I think that deep stack are fine for bigger buy-ins but not for 20 dollars.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:51 PM

Took 6-7 hours to get ITM on a ~1100 player tourney last week. Some have posted that the whole thing can take over 14 hours.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:01 PM

Played yesterday in 10+1 (same one you were in I think) and finished 4th. Took about 12 hours. I enjoyed every minute - I was watching football all day anyway, and this was the perfect accompaniment. Tons of play for the money, opponents running absurd bluffs and handing me their chips -I recommend these to anyone who wants to play real poker instead of shoving all in after an hour because the blinds are so big. I will definitely try this again!
Old 11-07-2005, 04:16 PM

I saw you at the final table for a while that I watched. Shame I wasn't there with you. Went out a little ugly. Everyone folded to me in the SB and I completed with 7To. I know, why get involved with trash, but I did. Both of us have deep stacks, about 500K each but he has me covered.

Flop comes K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and I bet out about half the pot and he calls. I go "uh oh" and am ready to surrender the hand until the turn comes with the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

So I lead out for 30K and he raises to 130K and I push all-in. He turns up 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I'm sick the second I see it because we're tied because of the king and queen on board and he's freerolling me. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hit river and I'm busted.

But I ran so good all tourney I really couldn't complain.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:27 PM

I played in that same one Sat, finished 40th. It was fun, but it took too long. Dont think Ill play anymore for buy ins that low.