Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 10:03 AM

Default Re: December Magazine Rating

[ QUOTE ]

I'll give On the Edge an A+, because it is phenomenal, as usual.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

In all seriousness, Ed's right, you don't want everything to be hardcore strategy.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 12-04-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Starting with this issue, the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine will feature no limit hold 'em more prominently. Come here to learn cutting-edge strategy and reasoning from top minds. No magazine will hone your no limit skills like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
--Two Plus Two Internet Magazine, Vol. 1, No. 10

Can you point me to the article in this month's magazine where I can learn cutting-edge NL strategy? Is it the one that describes optimal strategy in a 3-handed game when everyone has only 6 big blinds? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Or maybe it's the one that shows how to calculate pot odds. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] No offense, but if your intention was to make the magazine a premier source of NL strategy, this month was a complete and utter failure.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Starting with this issue, the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine will feature no limit hold 'em more prominently. Come here to learn cutting-edge strategy and reasoning from top minds. No magazine will hone your no limit skills like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
--Two Plus Two Internet Magazine, Vol. 1, No. 10

Can you point me to the article in this month's magazine where I can learn cutting-edge NL strategy? Is it the one that describes optimal strategy in a 3-handed game when everyone has only 6 big blinds? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Or maybe it's the one that shows how to calculate pot odds. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] No offense, but if your intention was to make the magazine a premier source of NL strategy, this month was a complete and utter failure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: I personally didnt find any of the articles very interesting. Some of them because I'm not a big limit-player, and others just in general sucked. IDK, I thought some of the articles when the magazine first started out were great. I think its gone downhill since then.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:42 PM

I didn't pay a dime to join. I'm not a customer
Old 12-04-2005, 02:44 PM

If you're not happy with it, get off your ass and write an article yourself.

-g
Old 12-04-2005, 02:46 PM

I have to say i was a bit dissapointed in the magazine this month myself. But then, it was definitely worth more than i paid for it, now wasn't it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-g
Old 12-04-2005, 05:33 PM

I was fully intending to submit some articles myself.
But with any old article getting in, the challenge and/or excitement is no longer there.

The December Magazine is a joke.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't pay a dime to join. I'm not a customer

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever buy a 2+2 book? Ever read/post on this site in which advertisers pay to have banners?

You are a customer.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was fully intending to submit some articles myself.
But with any old article getting in, the challenge and/or excitement is no longer there.

The December Magazine is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want you guys to know that I take your criticisms seriously.

The magazine is not really a big profitmaker. It costs a couple thousand bucks a month to do, and it generates a couple thousand in revenue.

The main reason why we do it is because we think it adds value for our forum members, and it offers an opportunity for community members to get involved and write on a more formal basis than just posting. I hope this doesn't sound like corporatebabble (it's definitely not)... we do the magazine mostly for the benefit of the members of this site. At least right now, it works as a "for the members, by the members" type of thing.

We could run the magazine differently. Instead of making it "for the members, by the members," we could bring in outside writers. We could hire regular writers, a la a lot of other magazines, and have more control over the content. That's not how we envisioned it, and ultimately we may not be interested in doing a magazine like that, but if that's how you think it should be, please let us know.

If we keep it the way it is, though, then the magazine is only as good as the articles that you guys submit to us. I write an article each month, and I try to do my best, but sometimes it doesn't turn out that interesting. And I write only one article... most of the magazine consists of submissions. I can't publish something that wasn't submitted.

Honestly, the best way to improve the magazine is to submit articles. If your stuff is high quality, we will surely accept it. We will pay you $200 per article, and after three months, we return the articles to you, and you are free to shop them to whatever other poker publication you can find.

I think the magazine is good... I think the content is, on average, the best available from any magazine on poker. But I agree that it has some room for improvement. But we need your help as writers to make that happen.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But we need your help as writers to make that happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed,

This is where I disagree. If I want to know what my fellow posters are saying, I can just search them in the appropriate forum. Many of the articles have been good, but many are very simaliar to content in the existing forums.

When I first heard about this magazine I was excited, because I thought it would elicit strategy articles from David, Mason, Ray Zee, Al Schoonmaker, and yourself that are lacking on the existing strategy forums. To a certain extent that has happened, but I felt that this months effort really fell short.

In other words, I am more interested in what the 2+2 authors have say, rather than the 2+2 posters.