Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Most Interesting Drinking game you\'ve heard of

A game called links. 4 or 5 people is ideal for this game. Everyone is dealt an equal number of cards face down. One person will then start by turning their first card up. Then the person to their right will turn their card up. If their cards are connected(aces connect with kings and twos) or of the same suit, they drink whatever their card indicates(J=11,Q=12,K=13,A=14). Continue this until all cards are gone. A lot of the time, everyone is connected at once. I've never played another game where you drink as much in such a short period of time. Certain people get [censored] more than others, since one person may get dealt mostly low cards and another mostly big cards.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A game called links. 4 or 5 people is ideal for this game. Everyone is dealt an equal number of cards face down. One person will then start by turning their first card up. Then the person to their right will turn their card up. If their cards are connected(aces connect with kings and twos) or of the same suit, they drink whatever their card indicates(J=11,Q=12,K=13,A=14). Continue this until all cards are gone. A lot of the time, everyone is connected at once. I've never played another game where you drink as much in such a short period of time. Certain people get [censored] more than others, since one person may get dealt mostly low cards and another mostly big cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

This game is called "electricity" where I'm from. Drinking several beers off of 1 deck is awesome. And thanks for describing it so well, b/c i didn't feel like typing all of this out. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 03:00 PM

Default If you play this, you can thank me later. You\'ve never heard of it.

I am actually a co-inventor of the greatest drinking game known to man. Drinking Chutes & Ladders. Yes, the childhood favorite board game. It is played using a glass marked in 1/6 of a beer incriments. So drinking 1 unit would be = 1/6 beer.

RulesGeneral rules same as the game, first to the top wins.)

1. If you slide down a shoot, you drink the # of levels you have fallen. IE, if you fall from the 80's to the 20's, you're basically drinking a whole beer.

2. If you climb a ladder, you give out drinks = the # of levels you climbed. You can give them all to one person, or split them between the three opponents.

3. If you land on the same square as somebody else, there will be a spin-off. You both spin the wheel, whoever has the highest spin wins. The loser must drink as many drinks as the winner spun. So if I spin a 5 and you spin a 4, you drink 5. The catch is that if you land on the same # as your opponent, there is another spin off with the # now doubled, then tripled and so-on. I actually once had to drink a 6*4.

4. When somebody finally wins (and this can take a while) the 2nd place guy does nothing. 3rd place does a single funnel. 4th place does a double funnel.

If you ever try this game, you will enjoy it. If there are girls playing, let them play 2 to a team so they can handle all the beer. You will go through about 12-15 beers between 4 people in about half an hour. It can get ugly.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:15 PM

Default Re: If you play this, you can thank me later. You\'ve never heard of it.

[ QUOTE ]
It is played using a glass marked in 1/6 of a beer incriments. So drinking 1 unit would be = 1/6 beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

A shot is 2oz. Might save you some effort next time you decide to play.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: If you play this, you can thank me later. You\'ve never heard of it.

standard shot in the United States is 1.5 ounces, people just think it's 2 during power hour because they fill shot glasses up higher than they are meant to be filled
Old 10-18-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is played using a glass marked in 1/6 of a beer incriments. So drinking 1 unit would be = 1/6 beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

A shot is 2oz. Might save you some effort next time you decide to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried that for about 6 minutes once. Trust me, when you somehow manage to get 8 drinks, you'd rather just kill it all at once. 8 shots of beer will just slow the game down. Try playing it sometime, its pretty nasty.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:03 AM

3-Man, and it is not even close. Although Trivial Beersuit does come close. (you play a LOT of drinking games when living in army barracks)
Old 10-18-2005, 03:02 PM

My favorite game of all time is Beer Die. Its played on a piece of plywood like beer-pong, and its insanely fun. 2v2 or 1v1. Its very popular in Naval Aviation, and if you want to search for the rules I'm pretty sure a couple F-14 squadrons have them on their home pages.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite game of all time is Beer Die. Its played on a piece of plywood like beer-pong, and its insanely fun. 2v2 or 1v1. Its very popular in Naval Aviation, and if you want to search for the rules I'm pretty sure a couple F-14 squadrons have them on their home pages.

[/ QUOTE ]
sitting or standing?
Old 10-18-2005, 03:15 PM

sitting. you need to have a low center of gravity to be able to catch the dice tumbling off the table at sometimes pretty quick speeds.