Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-22-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: 2006 SNG Goals

1. Improve my postflop play. I suck at postflop.

2. Improve my heads up play. I suck at heads up.

3. Move from the 22's to at least the 55's.

4. Average at least 100 SNGs a week.

4. $20,000 profit.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:45 PM

Continue 8 tabling the $33's but by end of year be mainly $55's. Still play my 1-2 multi tables a week and at least 100 SNG a week. I went out and bought 5 subject notebook, want to keep records of every session I play even if it is just ten minutes at 5-10.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:45 PM

My 06 goals:

- move up to $50+5 by the end of July, and venture into $100+9 by the end of year
- play 500+ SNGs a month
- add more MTTs into the mix
- 8-table (or find what is most profitable & comfortable for me in the 4-8 tabling 33-55 range)
- venture into other games, such as PLO and Stud
- re-read TOP and HoH books
- make enough money to keep other half happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- make enough money to keep other half happy

[/ QUOTE ]

Here Here! I shoulda added that one. You always seem to get a little less flack when you use poker money to buy one of these......

Old 12-22-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here Here! I shoulda added that one. You always seem to get a little less flack when you use poker money to buy one of these......

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing it's more like this

Old 12-22-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You've got the wrong girl...
Old 12-22-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You've got the wrong girl...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't make enough playing poker to buy either, so it doesn't really matter...
Old 12-22-2005, 02:12 PM

To have a profit graph like Skipper's first 100, and slay the abonimable snowman so it keeps that way for the next 10,000.

Aside from that, moving up from the $55s to the $109s, then getting a new monitor and trying to 8-table starting back at the $22s. Also I wanna start learning how to play MTTs and ring games well.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:13 PM

1) move up to the 215's
2) Win one MTT a month
3) $50K profit

Pretty good chance I'm moving out to Southern California in June to go pro, so none of these will be a problem at all.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PS I know this post is going to be all happy go lucky I hope I make another 200k from the $215's, but I'm hoping some of you will man up and let us know what weaknesses you plan to improve in 2006

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, okay.....lay a guilt trip on us. Now I'm forced to be honest. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I also plan to rebuild my bankroll. I did some stupid things with it in 2005 and now I'm back down to the $6.50s. That's okay, though, because I have leaks and I really should go into "start over" mode. This is why I'm not bummed.

The leaks: Booze. I get home, have a few beers while doing chores around the house, have a few more before, during, and after dinner, and by the time I fire up the laptop to play a few sets, I'm good and buzzed. Must stop that.

Taking shots: I have to get a grip on this "take a shot" mentality. Many things have killed my bankroll, but one in particular has been from taking shots at 55s and 109s when I have absolutely no business even being there, yet. Fixing the leak above may help this one, now that I think about it.

Concentration: What was I saying again? Oh yeah, concentration. I play so mechanically that I don't pay attention until it gets close to the bubble. I always wish I had a better read on opponents and always kick myself for not paying attention earlier on. I will change that in 2006.

Study: In 2006, I vow to actually study. I'm one of the guys here who embarrassingly hasn't learned ICM. I will get all the software and use it. Pokertracker is the exception. I've had that for a couple years now, but don't use it to its fullest potential. This resolution would include actively looking at my HHs and replaying games to find stupid mistakes.

Lastly, by this time next year, I hope to be playing 55s and up. I've spun my wheels at this game for way way way too long. Three years of daily play and I'm at the $6.50s. 2006 absolutely has to be the year I break out of the rut and get some discipline.

Onaflag............