Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2003, 03:15 PM

Default Planet Poker ??

I signed up, and started playing at planet poker this weekend, I have found my sucess here alot better than any other place I have played in my young poker career. I bought in for $100 on Saturday, by Sunday night my account is now up to $300. This is the most sucess I have had to date, was I just lucky this weekend, or is this a site that doesnt offer vaery stiff competition. My other experience has been at ub, pokerroom, truepoker, popular poker, any feed back would be appreciated
Old 08-25-2003, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Planet Poker ??

was I just lucky this weekend

Well that's tough to answer. You should consider posting some hands to the appropriate forum, then people will be able to give you hand with determining if you're playing well or not...
Old 08-28-2003, 04:08 PM

Same thing happened to me. Planet was my first online site. I turned $50 into $300... game selection is the problem with this site IMHO. One Sunday night I wanted to play, the only HE table going was 3/6, I said what the hey... you can guess the rest.

I'm constantly reminded of the debacle as it still shows up in Pokercharts as Worst Session Ever.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:19 PM

Its impossible to know whether you were lucky, you played well or were against bad opponents, without seeing the hands and how you played. Big wins do not automatically mean good play and big losses don't necessarily mean bad play.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:39 AM

planet was once one of the bigger cardrooms, but its business has really slipped lately. right now, it's sort of in a class with small rooms like pacific and thepokerclub.

one thing all these small cardrooms have in common is that virtually all the games going are low-limit, and the low-limit games are looser than at any big site (even party). the only problem is that these sites offer you virtually no ability to exercise game selection except at peak hours.

i think that a good low-limit player can make the most at small sites with ultra-loose players and good deposit bonuses, which are like magnets to the metal plates in the fishies' brains. planet is beginning to make its way into that category.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:08 AM

Garbage site, garbage software. Play Party and Stars.