Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2005, 03:04 AM

Default Poker Room is GREAT for SnG\'s

Man it has the best of Party and Stars all combined in one. It has the larger $1500 starting chips from Stars and the crappy ass players that would probably play on Party if they didn't own Macs. I'm sure I'm probably just hitting a good streak, but I have over a 50% ROI & ITM in the $10+1 & $20+2 games there over the past 6 weeks.

Anyone else find the SnG's soft at Poker Room?

Oh yeah Poker Room is great too because you can use tournaments and SnG's to clear bonuses (can't do that at the Party skins).
Old 01-16-2005, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Poker Room is GREAT for SnG\'s

can you play more than one table at a time?

And java based poker sucks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2005, 04:10 AM

The max that I have done is 4 tables, I don't know if you can do more.

I downloaded the Poker Room software and it seems to be A LOT better than the web based Java crap they offer. It is a large file and probably hogs a lot of resources, but it seems to be more stable and I don't accidently disconnect and leave my table by closing my web browser.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:28 AM

I think that only the Mac users have to use the Java client--- the downloaded version works fine, and can open at least 4 tables (haven't tried more than that).
Old 01-16-2005, 04:28 AM

Vindikation--

you are right about how soft the poker room games are. I used to play there but I found that the sng's take way too long to complete. Starting with 1500 in chips is nice but it also has its draw-backs. Almost every sng that I ever played their took between 1hr and 1hr, 15 minutes to complete. My ROI was around the same as yours but I did hit a really bad run, thus providing me the impetus to switch back to party. (Why would I want to play extremely long sng's when I am not doing well?)

As for the bonuses--yeah it is cool that you can clear them using sng's. The drawback there is that they dont offer very lucrative reload bonuses. Conversly, they did offer a 75 dollar refer-a-friend bonus a few months ago which was awesome.

Good luck with poker room!
Old 01-16-2005, 05:19 AM

How are withdrawals? Can you withdraw the same as in Party Poker? I have it setup to direct transfer no charge back into my checking account.

Do they have that at Poker Room?
Old 01-16-2005, 06:20 AM

As for withdraws, no it is not as easy as party. You have to either set up a neteller account to withdraw the money or request a paper check if you live in the US. I don't know why.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:52 AM

glad you brought this up as i was thinking of whoring thier as i'm an sng player and as you mentioned you can clear the bonus wiht sng's... how does it work though i know you need a certain amount of points but how do they calculate points with sng rake is it possible to clear a bonus in a month or so playing 10+1 sng's?
Old 01-16-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How are withdrawals? Can you withdraw the same as in Party Poker? I have it setup to direct transfer no charge back into my checking account. Do they have that at Poker Room?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Neteller there, although the first time I deposited, I used a 1-900 phone number. This was 4 months ago and I lost it all very quickly because I wasn't very good back then at bankroll magangment. I then decided I would save the extra charges and just sign up with Neteller. No regrets there.

One thing I have noticed is that it takes around 24-48 hours for me to cash out at Poker Room. Many others here have mentioned it takes them less than a day though. Either way, it's not too bad, just not the few hours it takes at Party or Empire. Their phone support is out of Sweden FWIIW.

[ QUOTE ]
glad you brought this up as i was thinking of whoring thier as i'm an sng player and as you mentioned you can clear the bonus wiht sng's... how does it work though i know you need a certain amount of points but how do they calculate points with sng rake is it possible to clear a bonus in a month or so playing 10+1 sng's?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've recently moved up from the $10 to $20 SnG's to clear the bonus because it takes a while using SnG's to clear it. For a $10+1 SnG, you get 5 FPP, for a $20+2 SnG, you get 10 FPP, for a $30+3 tournament you get 15 FPP, etc.

For every $1 bonus you need to clear 7 FPP's. So I deposited $1000 on the 15% $150 reload recently. I have to clear 1050 FPP's (7x150=1050) in 60 days. So that means either four $10+1 or two $20+2 SnG's every day for the next 2 months. I play SnG's for fun, not really for the $, so I'd rather play two individual $20's than multitable the $10's.