Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2004, 02:08 AM

Default Softest / Loosest Omaha8 games in Bay Area, LA, Reno and LV

Hi

I'm conducting an informal poll on the softest and loosest O8 games in the west. (I know of a few but want to know more! ;-)

Softest: Artichoke Joe's, San Bruno, Fridays
Loosest: Bay 101, San Jose and Hollywood Park, Inglewood, any night of the week.

I'm sure plenty of people have opinions on this subject...
Old 09-01-2004, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Softest / Loosest Omaha8 games in Bay Area, LA, Reno and LV

What limits, guy?
Old 09-01-2004, 05:36 PM

I don't think it's possible for a game to be looser than the 4-8 Omaha at Bay 101.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:14 PM

I have played in this game 100's of times over the last few years. And I would say you are right 90% of the time. But it can be tight, especially the main game. (Must move game.) When you are in the must move game, and are called to the main game, check it out first. It may be better to just quit and put you name back on the list. Lots of guys do this.

I stopped playing in this game not because it was not profitable, but because several of the regulars are real jerks and the game was not fun anymore.

Also beware late at night when there are props in the game. Some can really play. You will never get any of their money.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:19 PM

I would agree with you about the main game at Bay101, Dave. Tight oldfellas and slick props.

Somebody told me the game at California Grand in Pacheco was loose - anyone been there?

Anyone have info on Vegas? Excalibur, Palace Station?

Do they even PLAY Omaha in Reno/Tahoe?

thanks
Old 09-02-2004, 01:34 AM

the omaha game at orleans is a blast with regulars who bitch and complain that TV has killed there game when they talk trash to new players and berate them till they leave.

I also think the 5-10 kill game at the TAJ is one of the best.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:13 PM

I have played O8 in Pacheco at the Grand many times. The games are OK-good to OK-fair. The people are nicer there.

There is also O8 in Livermore, some of the old crew from the Outpost. I stopped by once, but did not play.

They also always have a 4-8 O8 game going at Lucky Chances. I used to play there a bit, but stopped going when they ended their O8 tournaments. The games were OK but not great.

Neither game matches the madness of the must move games at Bay 101.

I also have played the 1/2 PLO8, 1/2 PLO game on Wednesdays at the Palace in Hayward. Money can be made in this game but it depends on who shows up and can be very difficult. You need to be VERY sharp at all times to survive there.

As to Reno, SLT; I was there this summer. In SLT there was an O8 game at Harveys. All locals, all rocks, all know each other. In Reno, the only game may be at the Cal Neva. I am not sure. This was a good place for me to play my "Rocks on Tilt" game (TM pending). However, if you wait until Oct. and go to the Reno Hilton during their tournament, there will be a good O8 side game. (I'll be there.)