Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Re: Results and some thoughts

"I think you would be missing too much value to check the AQ hand."

I am not so sure. First of all, my read on this guys is that there are preciously few Ax combinations he would just cold-call with from the small blind here, actually I think that would HAVE to be some kind of suited Ace. It leaves just specifically A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Also, his flop line is more consistent with a Ten (although this starting hand would also usually have to be suited I think) or a draw. What if he would fire the river almost every time I hand him a free card here? If I bet the turn and I am just called, do I fire again on a diamond, a king or an eight? I think in many situations, I will only be very comfortable with the first bet that goes in on the turn and river, and I am in a position to make sure this happens on the river and lose the minimum to a better.

I also have the option of just checking and raising a blank river. Who knows, maybe he will fear the boat and just call w/a Ten. I also think a case can be made for more safely folding to a three-bet here (I don't have to worry about folding myself out of a chance to improve, for starters).

"Your read of 5s seems correct for hand 1. I thought 78s ish at first but not so if he is selective preflop"

I take it you mean Hand 3. I was being a bit messy by starting with some comments on Hand 3 there.

lars