Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 09:18 AM

Default Re: TPNK in large pot

i would fold... I seriosuly think you are beaten pretty bad here the pot isnt exactly THAT big.. even if it is, what exactly are you drawing too? ch/c + ch/r on the turn normally means a strong hand, 2 pr or a set, maybe even AK... all I know is that you are probably beaten and beaten pretty bad, no draws... fold
Old 07-29-2005, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the flop hoping villian would raise to thin the field and because my hand might be best

[/ QUOTE ]

I would still check the flop, expecting button to bet. A free card isn't very likely to hurt you, and you would like to see if anyone else in interested in this pot before getting too involved (a check-raise makes this hand worth folding).
Old 07-29-2005, 10:08 AM

You are drawing dead, fold. I check the flop.

-DeathDonkey
Old 07-29-2005, 10:21 AM

IMO, the biggest mistake was the pf call. Even though this was a multiway hand AXs has to hit the flush draw to have much worth against multiple opponents.

These guys all look a little loose/passive in this hand - which could mean they may play any suited ace (like you just did).

without a read, lets try to apply some logic to BB's line here: I'll go w occam's razor (the idea that he's playing straighforward) for the most part.

pf raise could be any suited ace, any suited king, any pair >44, or maybe even any two face cards > QJo. Flop call probably rules out AA, KK, and AK. Turn raise could be any pp < 77, KJ, K6, AK, AJ. Also - a slowplayed set or a stone-cold bluff could show up here as well.

If villain has 2 pr, you may have 5 outs to beat him. (ex - he holds KJs and you can catch any six or ace) If he has Ace - nothing you can tie him if the board stays above his kicker. If he's got a set you're down to 2 outs. If he just paired his naked K or J you're waaaay ahead. Also important to consider is the fact that you've aggressive so far. A raise here represents AK or a set, and even a call from villain totally defines his hand.

Given how you got there I'd raise this huge pot and fold to a cap and then check/fold the river.

Eventually, you'll have to get a read on this guy so you don't go groping around in the dark like this.

I'll also reiterate my preference for folding this pf.

flame goggles on. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2005, 10:23 AM

check the flop
Old 07-29-2005, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are drawing dead, fold. I check the flop.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. When the you missed the flush draw you need to fold. Remember, people love to play with Ace-rag. They have you outkicked and you are drawing at as few as 3 outs depending on your opponents cards. It is also a multiway pot.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:33 AM

No matter how much people like to place Ax, there are only so many Aces that can be in the hand and you cant be up against an Ace every single time there is an Ace on the flop. In this situation though, I would probably fold to the turn raise with your kicker counterfeited and most likely splitting at best.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:35 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
IMO, the biggest mistake was the pf call. Even though this was a multiway hand AXs has to hit the flush draw to have much worth against multiple opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

you have 2 two limpers before you in MP2 and SSHE has this as a call in MP even for tight games. your chances of having at least a (weak) ovecard + BDFD are huge + you can easily discard if you didn't hit anything. I never fold this in MP with 2 limpers before me.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

flame goggles on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you putting your pattern-mapping goggles on, too? If you've got the multiway pot with Axs, what else are you looking for?
Old 07-29-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with your kicker counterfeited

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does everyone keep mentioning this? Are we winning this often with our 3 kicker?