Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: $109s - AT Hand

[ QUOTE ]
See how much easier it is to just keep my mouth shut!

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Keep the posts coming please! Don't listen to Irie he's just bitter because you made him look like a little girl at STT-HUC. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like a raise/fold best, but like I said I'm not thrilled about it, and I think you can make a case for calling and pushing/raising on a safe turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this was the big decision for me in the hand. (see previous post) If I'm closing the action, I like a call. With two to act behind me? Hmmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not thrilled about this hand either, but I'm definately not dumping it. What about a min-raise? (fairly) cheap, should define the hand pretty well and you can always check behind on a scary turn and fold to a big river bet if you think somebody has beat you on either of those cards. You can also easily dump to a re-pop on the flop.

I have not posted any hands like this myself, and i'm a little suprised that you did, a lot of the 33 players are probably scratching their heads...'i thought this guy was good?' [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have not posted any hands like this myself, and i'm a little suprised that you did, a lot of the 33 players are probably scratching their heads...'i thought this guy was good?' [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a 55 player and I'm scratching my head.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a 55 player and I'm scratching my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe
Old 09-08-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
depend on who the limper is. If he's a psyco or really tight, I like being in that pot. The psyco will hand over his stack if you catch, and the tight guy will fold if he doesnt hit his set. But, if your up against a very predictable player, you may as well raise to isolate him. Doesnt take much, if you raise to 45 here, you take the lead in the hand, ussualy drive out the blinds and sometimes take it down preflop.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

further evidence of why lacky is a big pimp, and why the 2+2 weak-tight early, push anything late strategy works less and less the higher you go...
Old 09-09-2005, 11:45 AM

Ok no one wants to comment. FINE! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I, of course, folded to BB's set/two pair/massive draw.
Oh wait, he had JTo. CO had 89o.

Further supporting the theory that one should never lay down TPTK on level 1 to any action. Period. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Further supporting the theory that one should never lay down TPTK on level 1 to any action. Period. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This really is a horrible flop fold; what flop were you looking for when you called preflop?

Unfortunately the stacks are not deep enough for you to profitably protect your hand against two opponents, so I would call and hope a non diamond comes on the turn. If you had the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I would raise.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This really is a horrible flop fold; what flop were you looking for when you called preflop?

Unfortunately the stacks are not deep enough for you to profitably protect your hand against two opponents, so I would call and hope a non diamond comes on the turn. If you had the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I would raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

shouldn't you be more comfortable just calling if it's less likely a flush draw is out?
Old 09-09-2005, 12:05 PM

I still like the fold.

Either I'm not being results oriented or I'm just stubborn. But I still don't see any need to get sucked into that hand at that point in the game.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still like the fold.

Either I'm not being results oriented or I'm just stubborn. But I still don't see any need to get sucked into that hand at that point in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. I mean, you have 15 chips invested. It's not like it hurts you much to fold and I'd think *usually* with this kind of action in a 109, you're up against that set/2 pair/massive draw.