Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 12:53 AM

Default How much cash have you wasted

The other day I was at Mcdonalds and ordered a double quarter pounder meal. I soon realized that I would have much prefered two double cheese burgers, so I wasted $3. I then began to think of all the times I've ordered more food than I needed, bought 1-5 more drinks at the bar than I could really enjoy, the classical guitar book I thought I would study, the Pantera WhiteZombie concert I went to even though I didn't like either band, ridiculously large drunken tips I've given out, the 50 books I've bought and haven't read, all the cigs that I've smoked for years before I quit, ect.

I bet I've wasted 20-30K over the course of my life. How much do you OOTiots estimate you've wasted?
Old 10-24-2005, 12:55 AM

Default Re: How much cash have you wasted

Wouldn't even know how to put a figure on it but its a lot
Old 10-24-2005, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The other day I was at Mcdonalds and ordered a double quarter pounder meal. I soon realized that I would have much prefered two double cheese burgers, so I wasted $3. I then began to think of all the times I've ordered more food than I needed, bought 1-5 more drinks at the bar than I could really enjoy, the classical guitar book I thought I would study, the Pantera WhiteZombie concert I went to even though I didn't like either band, ridiculously large drunken tips I've given out, the 50 books I've bought and haven't read, all the cigs that I've smoked for years before I quit, ect.

I bet I've wasted 20-30K over the course of my life. How much do you OOTiots estimate you've wasted?

[/ QUOTE ]

They almost definitely would have let you exchange the burgers if you asked nicely...
Old 10-24-2005, 12:56 AM

I started to back-of-the-envelope this, but the number quickly got so sickeningly big that I couldn't stomach continuing.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't even know how to put a figure on it but its a lot

[/ QUOTE ]

here's to that
Old 10-24-2005, 01:09 AM

a lot. before i started playing poker (and started seriously winning) i never had a real job other than the typical teenager stuff. poker has just brought my finances and attitude towards money to a disgusting level for where i am in life. before poker the idea of holding two thousand dollars in my hand was just [censored] insane. not too long ago i would walk into card clubs and see some guy with a stack of green chips and say "wait, those are worth 25$ each?!? are you kidding? no way man, no way does he have a thousand dollars there". now if i see a game where people only have one stack of green chips i think "this is it, dont they have a real game going?"

ive wasted money on ipods, computer mice, cabs everywhere when i used to take the train, eating out more, running up bar tabs, the same stuff as most of you. lose your amtrak ticket? try for 10 seconds to get a free replacement, plonk down a hundy. no biggie. 60$ for a polo shirt? no sweat, it will go well with my 150$ jeans. my whole concept of what is a lot of money is totally [censored]. if something is under 100$ i dont even comprehend shopping around for a better deal. i cant even tell whether its a lot of money anymore. today i found 400$ in my pants in 20s that i didnt know about, i didnt even notice it had gone missing.

a lot has changed. a year ago if i had 100$ in my wallet i would think "bitch am i loaded or what!". ive probably wasted about 1-2K, but i have not had real income for long and i have many years ahead of me.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:11 AM

Wanna send me that book? I play guitar but never learned classical. I'll use it.

Most of my 'waste' is difficult to quantify - I use the things I buy but often could acquire them more cheaply, buy them in bulk or get more out of what I have. Biggest thing is definitely food, I eat out way too much.

NT
Old 10-24-2005, 01:13 AM

God, I hate precocious youth. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 01:15 AM

The thought of it is making me sick.

I'd estimate my earnings since graduating high school at $100k over 4.5 years. (Part time a lot of it). I am currently $10k in debt and have a $1-2k poker bankroll, no savings or anything. That's it. All of my clothing has gone towards the $10k in credit card debt, so I have wasted about $100,000 on crap like resturant meals, cab rides, strip clubs, and books I never read.

I'm gonna go kill myself now. Hopefully, in a couple of years, $100k won't seem like as much.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wanna send me that book? I play guitar but never learned classical. I'll use it.

Most of my 'waste' is difficult to quantify - I use the things I buy but often could acquire them more cheaply, buy them in bulk or get more out of what I have. Biggest thing is definitely food, I eat out way too much.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you read music? I can't for the life of me get myself to learn to read music when tab works just fine. No tab in this book.