Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Controversial Last Ditch Advice for Snowball 138

The advice David is giving is LAST DITCH advice. This is assumming she is going to reject him. Snowball's going to try but were all pretty sure its not happening and jumping the gun for a back up plan that he will surely need in our eyes.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:01 AM

This was more of a sarcastic statement. But you shouldn't be keeping score, you should be person to person with her no BS involved. You should definately call her on this. Don't just forget about it and never mention anything to her. Be straitforward with her ask her if she always is flakey and just blows people off. It cuts right to the heart of things person to person with no BS involved.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:23 AM

Hmm, You're misunderstanding my use of game. Or maybe I just used it wrong. Everyone has a game and I gaurantee you have a game too. I would classify this particular example as a game, going to these kind of lengths for a girl is a definite game and I have said so, but still offered advice.

The kind of game all men have to develop has more to do with being yourself than anything. Some men don't get woman because they are too nice, they BS the woman (and the woman always detect it), put all the woman's wants first, do any dumb [censored] they don't want to do just because the woman says to do it, and the woman isn't attracted to that fakeness. They wonder why they can't get chicks and just assume its because "nice guys finish last". But if they developed "game" they would see they just have to be themselves, not Bs the woman or play into any of her stupid games and call her on any games she plays. If they did this they could be nice and finish first by being themselves which is part of the game.

The nice guy who doesn't have game, doesn't be himself-tries to impress the woman, goes in with no weapons and has no chance. The nice guy who goes in with "game" knows he just has to be himself and not be fake is the one with the weapons. Does that analogy work.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...deception is as fundamental to dating as it is to poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a statement because it speaks volumes about your experience with dating and the opposite sex.

It doesn't shock me that males employ such cowardly ways to woe women (because I hear about them all the time from my female friends) but it shocks the hell out of me people are actually defending it as ethical and describing it as genius.

[ QUOTE ]
Afterall, we're not playing for tiddlywinks, are we?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think dating and relationships is a game to be won or lost you are sadly mistaken.

I'm going to put it to you straight Snowball. Above all else women like confidence in a man. Playing mind games is a sign of mental and emotional weakness. Some women may be able to be conned into sleeping with you but trust me, they will not wake up respecting you and if you have any shred of self-respect you will not wake up respecting yourself.

Use some your poker analysis skills, push aside your emotions and really examine what you are doing here. Can you see how you are plotting and scheming to get this girl you claim to like into bed? Let me ask you this, if she caught wind of this planning would she be happy? In your mind, does all this not seem a little cowardly and pathetic?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:29 AM

Well, I was thinking about this. If she wasn't playing games with you, I'm sure you'd know.

I hereby give up my argument to be straight with her.

-sigh-

lol.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. Remember that Mat is living proof (literally and figuratively) that it can work.

[/ QUOTE ]

The above is proof that all fathers at some point will publicly embarrass their sons, even when said father is none other than David Sklansky.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com
Old 11-06-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pfffff! How weak. Sack up, you pussy.

God, what a bitch you are. I can't wait until you get shot down. This is the most pathetic, weak-assed [censored] ever. Be a man for once in your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You realize of course that the prelude to the plan involves asking her out straight up, don't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, look. You deserve to hear it without the invective and ad hominems, so I'm going to apologize for going after you that way. I'm not above throwing out an insult or two (frankly, I enjoy stirring up [censored]), but flaming should always be done with wit and good humor. My post had neither.

Let me lay it out for you, Snowball. If you follow this plan you are simply using your own personal weakness as an excuse to engage in dishonest behavior.

Do you understand that all of this has nothing to do with her? The results here simply don't matter anymore. The only thing that matters is whether or not you take something from this situation that allows you to grow.

You haven't had the courage to ask this girl out. That's your problem, not hers. No matter how you spin the situation, the fault lies with you.

She is not the problem. You are the problem, or, more specifically, your lack of confidence and courage is the problem. Address the real problem and you will benefit from it for the rest of your life. Play the crapweasel and you will only prove yourself unworthy of this or any other woman's respect.

I don't care if she played you. If she did, you allowed it by not being upfront. Learn to be direct and aggressive and you'll never get played again.

You are at a crossroads. The decision you have before you is crucial. This is about your character. This is about what kind of man you are. What David is proposing is the easy path, the comfortable path. It's what people who lack character do.

It's your decision, Snowball. Do what you will. But please don't ever fool yourself into thinking that your ethics don't matter. They do.

Right now there are most certainly people in your class who have noticed what's going on with you and this girl. They're watching you and they're fulling aware of what you're up to.

You'll probably run into some of these people later in your career. Wouldn't it be a shame if they remember you as the weasley little butt-sniffer who tried to get into that hot girl's pants by acting like her friend?
Old 11-06-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sklansky WROTE:
The idea is to get to the top of the friends ladder, have her become emotionally dependent on you and then VERY DECISIVELY announce with NO WARNING and NO SNIVELING that you realize you are attracted to her and that it is best if you don't see each other again. Do not make it sound like it is an ultimatum! Make her think that you totally assume you have no chance with her. You are just making an announcement. Period.

So the bottom line is to ask her out but not appear crushed if you get turned down. Then act as if being just friends is OK. After which spend about two or three months wending your way into her mind. Where she feels you are the first person to tell when anything important comes up.

[/ QUOTE ]

so she shoots you down for a date, then you become close friends with her, and then break off the friendship?

if she didnt want to go out w/you b4, why would she want to go out w/you now after you moved deeper into her friends ladder?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:01 PM

"You'll probably run into some of these people later in your career. Wouldn't it be a shame if they remember you as the weasley little butt-sniffer who tried to get into that hot girl's pants by acting like her friend?"

You seem to be skimming over some details.

1. The friends plan is the last resort. Perhaps you are worried that with this as a backup he will not be as enthusiastic about plan A.

2. He wants more than just to get into her pants. And he believes he would be good for her.

Given those two things no one would blame him for pulling out all stops.

Meanwhile your posts are starting to remind me of soldiers or streetfighters who rail against less tough guys beating them through the use of technoligically superior weapons. But the truth of the matter is that they want to foster an environment where their talent is not superseded by stealth from less talented guys. Because that's to their benefit. (Which is why I have never been that appalled by poker cheats with 115 IQs who had no chance to beat the game on the square. I want them gone. But if they have honed some talent to try to avoid working for Hertz, any outrage I had toward them would be mighty self serving.)
Old 11-06-2005, 10:30 PM

Hi Hobbes,

As much as I enjoy having it "laid on me", I still can't agree with anything you are saying. The point is to win. If we don't agree on that, we don't agree on anything.

As for my character, I am 100 percent capable of being forward if I think thats the right move. One time, I knocked on my hot neighbor's door and invited for over for a bite to eat. She shot me down brutally and now she gives me weird looks in the hall, but I have no regret. I'd do it again because it was a quick and harmless way to find out if she liked me.

Honestly, I think that the situation with the girl in school warrants a more serious approach. My priorities are more complicated than "quickness" and "efficiency".

BTW, I didn't have time to respond, but I enjoyed your 5 stories about dating.

Best,
Snowball