Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: On David\'s Line

[ QUOTE ]
"I'm thinking about posting a general dating advice thread"

How about a dating advice FORUM?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am available for hourly consultation, the forum would upset my business model.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Whats the best way to read women?

GHB and a hot iron pressed against there clit and they will always tell the truth
Old 11-03-2005, 10:18 AM

Default Re: On David\'s Line

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I'm thinking about posting a general dating advice thread"

How about a dating advice FORUM?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am available for hourly consultation, the forum would upset my business model.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems Snowball's chance can taken a horrible turn for the worse once you got involved.

You may to offer a 150% money back guarantee to continue your business. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Hobbes

Even though he's "not reading this thread anymore" I just wanted to chime in and say everything Hobbes is saying is correct. I think it's time for Snowball to make a crying call on the river and move on to the next hand. Snow invested a lot in this situation and it sucks that it probably won't pay off. He needs to play hardball at this point--quit helping her with her classwork. If you don't give her what it appears she's really in this "relationship" for, she won't hang out with you and laugh at your jokes anymore. Don't get mad at her, but if she asks you what's up tell her that you're attracted to her and it looks like it's not going to work out so she can do her own damn homework from now on. Just don't be a wet noodle with her. If you're not careful the situation could go on indefinitely and you'll just be miserable. Either that or decide she's not your type and you're going to be her friend because it might get you some good networking opportunities to meet other women. The point is that you gotta resolve the situation and move on in your mind so you don't waste cycles on a hopeless situation.

I've been through these situations before. I have a personality that tends to hold on to things a little too long and I think a lot of us introverted guys are the same way. Learn from my mistakes and start looking at women in terms of poker hands that you can fold or pay off. The key is to resolve issues so you don't get depressed for an extended period of time. We have a tendency to make things bigger in our mind than they actually are by focusing too much on a single issue. It's a hard habit to break, and I'm not a therapist so I really don't know how to fix it. Practice saying to yourself "it really doesn't matter that much" or something. Hopefully that attitude can give you a little confidence and you might be able to impress a woman by acting like you don't care about her. Humans are weird--we don't like being pressured into anything--especially dating.

Good luck to you Snowball. We are all pulling for you and it's obvious you have a lot to offer a woman, so keep your head up and keep looking for the next opportunity.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Hobbes

I started looking at women in terms of poker hands and now all I see is a whole bunch of small-pots that dont make my gutshot worthwhile. Then I go gambooool it up instead.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Update for 10/02/05

There is one other last ditch measure (two versions) that I am very familiar with (without which we would not have a general moderator for theis website). The only problem is that it takes awhile and I have only until Jan 1.

The idea is to get to the top of the friends ladder, have her become emotionally dependent on you and then VERY DECISIVELY announce with NO WARNING and NO SNIVELING that you realize you are attracted to her and that it is best if you don't see each other again. Do not make it sound like it is an ultimatum! Make her think that you totally assume you have no chance with her. You are just making an announcement. Period.

The other version, probably more powerful, is to tell her, or better yet hint (again after having spent a lot of time on the top of her friends ladder) that you have a girlfriend who would prefer you two stop being so friendly. This you can string out over a week or two. Perhaps you can get a girl to act the part. Or if you want to be unethical you can actually get a girlfriend.

After the speech you really don't see her. But there is about a 25% chance she will call you after a week or two of reflection. (5% chance of instant capitulation).

The key here is to get to the VERY TOP of the friends ladder and not be too "cuddly" as you are doing it. Hobbe's wife will call you a snake in the grass but she is wrong. Because girls who will torment nice guys while they date the jerks should not complain about this tactic, at least as far as I'm concerned.

So the bottom line is to ask her out but not appear crushed if you get turned down. Then act as if being just friends is OK. After which spend about two or three months wending your way into her mind. Where she feels you are the first person to tell when anything important comes up. It will be too late for me but maybe not for you.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:11 AM

I haven't read the rest of the thread, so I'm not informed on the million replies down there. I'm just responding to the original post.

It definately should be obvious at this point that she is/was definately into you or wanted to use you for something. Your list is full of signals girls send to us to let us know there into us. As we all know women don't generally ask men out, they don't put themselves out for any risk of rejection. It's the mans job to risk rejection from the woman. All the women can do when there into us is and were not going after them is send signals for us to pick up on so WE pursue HER. Sometimes these signals can be pretty subtle and the unaware man may miss them. Though in your example these signals don't seem to be subtle at all and are actually blatantly obvious. They even seem way too obvious implying she either REALLY likes you or just wants something from you. more on that later.

With that said, you shouldn't care whether she's into you or not! You must find out for yourself! Sitting back and not doing anything because your unsure whether she likes you or not is the worst thing you could do. You must go for it, you can't be scared of rejection which may be what you are here. Lets run the scenario's quickly. Lets say she really does like you. You go for it and get a date with her, nice, babies could be made, relationship could be formed. Or you sit back still trying to figure out if she likes you or not and miss out on the opportunity of a life time. Now lets say she doesn't actually like you, you go for it, you don't get a date, but now don't have to worry about the situation any longer. Or you sit back still trying to figure out whether she likes you or not when you aren't getting anything out of the situation no matter how much you worry about it since she doesn't like you anyway. Nothing constructive comes from not pursuing her. This is the way it is with all chicks. Who cares about the signals and whether she's into you or not. Go for it anyway. You can't be scared of rejection, rejection is nothing, yet if we make it a big deal in our minds we can manifest a fake fear of it.

As for this particular situation, she is sending some definite signals. Though sorry to say this seems a little too good to be true. A smokin hot chick thats lives far away from you and is 5 years older than you is into you. This is 1 of 3 things. 1. She either is really nice and is being nice to you knowing there will be no relationship. 2. She REALLY REALLY likes you. or 3. she wants something from you, such as you doing her law work. Though if you wanna bang an experienced Smokin hot chick that bad, it may be worth the price. Your Choice.

EDIT:
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say you are 70%. My only concern is negative #3. That makes me worry that she falls in the category of what you might call "movie star niceness" (I just coined that phrase)where she takes it upon herself to make guys out of her league feel good about the attention she gives them, never considering that they may start to think they have a chance with her. If that's the case you are drawing dead. But you'll find out almost instantly so it won't be a prolonged ordeal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just found this quote looking through the thread. This would be what im saying in possiblity #1.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:41 AM

Remember Snowball what David just described is a LAST ditch option! Only do this if you know you believe your chances are all gone! Also the key to this is when you get her leaning on you emotionally hard enough you need to somehow get her "just friends" mentality over to the more than friends mentality, this change should probably be made in conjunction with leaning back or forward emotionally some. This will all be VERY tough to do and this whole process is definately a 1 outer or even runner runner but you could be idolized if you pulled it off.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:12 AM

Not tryin to kiss ass, but that is genius!

I've got to try these tactics sometime in my life...just for kicks.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:11 PM

Read my reply in David's "Controversial Advice" thread.