Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 11:02 PM

Default Dems take major gubernatorial races

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/11/...dup/index.html

Don't worry, GOP, next year will be worse.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Dems take major gubernatorial races

New Jersey: Democratic candidate wins in a solidly blue state
Virginia: Democratic candidate wins race on heels of a popular Democratic governor and a third candidate leaking votes from the Republican candidate
New York: Nothing to note there.

Wow thats just horrible for Republicans. But I understand when you have been getting drubbed like the Dems in recent elections, you take your comfort where you can. And Im ok with that. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 11:16 PM

Actually, both of these were tighter than expected, and the NJ election was pretty nasty recently. But hey, Texas agreed that they wanted to bay gay marriage, so we didn't sweep you.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:21 PM

As a resident of NJ, I didn't realize there was an election until today. I automatically assume the democrat will win, so I usuaully don't bother following it anymore.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a resident of NJ, I didn't realize there was an election until today. I automatically assume the democrat will win, so I usuaully don't bother following it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

...I live in D.C. and have heard a good amount about your election. Also, when I was in PA recently I read a big article about it in a local paper. Just because Democrats have a pretty good grip in your state doesn't mean you should stop reading newspapers.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New Jersey: Democratic candidate wins in a solidly blue state
Virginia: Democratic candidate wins race on heels of a popular Democratic governor and a third candidate leaking votes from the Republican candidate
New York: Nothing to note there.

Wow thats just horrible for Republicans. But I understand when you have been getting drubbed like the Dems in recent elections, you take your comfort where you can. And Im ok with that. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea what "comfort" is:
[ QUOTE ]

St. Paul voters punished Mayor Randy Kelly on Tuesday for standing with President Bush a year ago, denying the Democrat a second term in Minnesota's capital city.

Former City Council member Chris Coleman, also a Democrat, routed Kelly by a more than 2-to-1 margin in unofficial returns with most precincts reporting. Ahead of the election, independent polls showed voters were primed to fire Kelly, and most cited his 2004 endorsement of the Republican president as the reason.

No sitting St. Paul mayor had lost a campaign since 1974. Kelly had a personal election streak that spanned just as long, covering his quarter-century in the Legislature and first term as mayor.

"It may sound silly, but Kelly was for Bush and I'm not,'' said retiree Audrey Guith after casting her vote for Coleman.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now, that's comfort [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post says so much about you that you should include a link to it in all your future posts from now on.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:29 PM

It looks like Corzine won by 11. Hardly close. I really don't think it was worth my comming home to vote (I live in NYC), especially considering I don't see much difference between Reps and Dems.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:32 PM

Voting is for suckers.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
On the other states you make valid points (NY and NJ). But not VA. 1) Kaine still got a majority of the vote. Kaine's votes > Kilgore's votes + Potts' votes. 2) Kilgore is an anti-death penaltly liberal being elected in f-ing Virginia (where they execute more people per capita than any other state)! Sorry dude, you can't really spin that one.