Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2004, 07:54 AM

Default How many mistakes in this QQ hand?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Guido is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Guido 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Guido calls.

River: (10.66 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Guido checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Guido calls.

Final Pot: 16.66 BB
Old 06-04-2004, 08:24 AM

Default Re: How many mistakes in this QQ hand?

It looks like he is holding 22, 55 or 66 which would make your hand good. The only other hand would be A3s and I am not sure he would raise a gut shot draw on the flop.

But it is Party. Don't see how you could have played much different.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:57 AM

What hands would he have cold called you with that worry you? Pairs, maybe even 3's. I would be thinking 3's, 5's, or 6's on the turn or maybe even something like JJ, KK, AA.

I don't have a problem with the C/R river and I have to take this one to the cap. He's just as likely to have a lower set than he is 3's so I cap him and take a nice pot.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:05 AM

So after a cold call preflop, a raise on the flop, a raise on the turn and a 3-bet on the river you still cap? Doesn't seem the right thing to me.

Guido
Old 06-04-2004, 09:24 AM

Preflop &amp; flop I agree with.
I'm check-calling the turn because I think he's ahead.
I'm betting and calling a raise on the river. He may have pocket 3s, after all, and was figuring you only had high cards on the flop.

In fact, looking at it again about the only hands a sensible player might be wielding would be pocket 3s or possibly A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2004, 09:26 AM

Why do you think I'm ahead on the flop but not on the turn? When you think he has a 3 on the turn then betting on the river makes no sense to me. The Q doesn't change a thing.

Guido
Old 06-04-2004, 10:01 AM

The only hand that makes sense to me is 87s. With AA or KK he reraised preflop. With JJ or TT he just calls the river. Noone would semi-bluffing all the way with AKs, AKo, or KQs. What else could a reasonable player overcall with pre-flop but 87s? So, that puts him on a semi-bluff rasie on the flop, and you lose.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:13 PM

yes. What is your read on him?? It would have to be exactly 33. 33 is certainly a possibility but it seems more of a possibility that he has a made set. Probably 66 or something like that. He raised, u 3 bet, and he figures you for a hi pair. You guys are HU so he figures to get more out of you by raising the turn. He knows you don't have 33. Now 33 is possible for him because he may play it like that if he puts you on AK,Q...overcards...

My read would be that he most likely has a set and you caught him on the river. If you put him on the 3s you should have just check/called the river or even folded the turn...which I would have never done because you can't put him exactly on those 3's unless he showed them to you.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:18 PM

Depending on your read, he could certainly have 33, 44, or 55, I would think. He's betting like he has *something* that's for sure. I think you caught him.

Naj
Old 06-04-2004, 12:33 PM

But if he had 87s, wouldn't he cap the betting with the nuts on the river?