Raise to 12bb+ 3 4.29%
Raise to 9-11xBB 26 37.14%
Raise to 7-8xBB 12 17.14%
Min-Raise to 6xBB 7 10.00%
Call 22 31.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: POLL: Breaking an Addiction

I don't consider stroking it an addiction, its a natural body function, so thats out(Yay). It's nicotine for me. When I finally got too old for the Ganja I found I nostalgicly missed it, but had little physiological problems letting go. I've never smoked but have been totally addicted to dip, smokeless tobacco, for years. To the point where I would put a huge gob in before a 3 hour medical procedure, mask and gown up, and just not spit until it was over. Then scrub out and immeadiatly load up again. The cost to my teeth is the main reason I have let go, I won't lose a tooth to this stuff, but still must keep two 4mg niccorette gum pieces in my mouth at all times and it is months since I last dipped. I regret the first day I ever put that crap in my mouth but wish I could pop a lid right now.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:37 PM

When I am on acid the world smells a certain way. Never smelled that smell any other time. And I was sitting in my living room so its not like i went around something new. Now I occaisonnally become aware of th smell at random places.
My boy has flashbacks to a trip that was way too intense for him (he lost his sense of ego or self whichever you want to call it) when he does nitrous. That's always funny.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I am on acid the world smells a certain way. Never smelled that smell any other time. And I was sitting in my living room so its not like i went around something new. Now I occaisonnally become aware of th smell at random places.
My boy has flashbacks to a trip that was way too intense for him (he lost his sense of ego or self whichever you want to call it) when he does nitrous. That's always funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you associate a certain smell with a trip. Or you associate some other cue with this smell and perceive it (perhaps inappropriately). How is that damage? People that have never done drugs before have similar experiences.
And in your second example, he's doing nitrous for christ's sake!