Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 09:33 AM

Default Pick A Better Spot or All You Can Eat?

Need some help with this hand (and hands like them). Villian is very aggressive, and his diminishing stack is proof. I've played at this table for 30 minutes. Villian's raising standards pre-flop are any two cards, followed by an auto-CB. I've reraised him twice previously on the flop with TPGK, and he's pushed both times. I folded both times to scary boards. Then, this hand came along:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

MP ($2.05)
Hero ($2.05)
Button ($1.67)
SB ($1.42)
BB ($1.44)
UTG ($1.27)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $0.1</font>, Hero calls $0.08, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.22) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.32</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1.34</font>, Hero ???.

Thoughts on all streets (all two of them) are welcome. Raise pre-flop? Fold pre-flop?
Old 12-16-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Pick A Better Spot or All You Can Eat?

Pre-flop call is fine, I don't even necessarily dislike the first flop raise because he could easily be making this bet with missed over. However, he isn't 3-bettin without, AT A MINIMUM, AK[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], so you're either slightly behind 2 overs+flush draw, or WAY behind an overpair.

Easy fold.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:06 AM

If he's raising preflop with any two, you have to be prepared to reraise him, and this might have been a good spot. If it's been 30 minutes and he's done this consistently, I push here.

If he c-bets every flop, you should push to his bet occasionally, and this might again have been a good spot.

Trouble is, by raising him on the flop, you've given him the option, and now you're in a quandary because he might actually have hit a hand. As played I probably call against the villain you describe, but an easy fold against an unknown.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:12 AM

Fold this one. Post your TPGK hands. I think those might have been better opportunites to stack this guy.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:34 AM

Thanks for the thoughts, guys. 42_it, I'll look back tonight and see if I can dig out those TPGK hands. You're right, probably much better spots to stack the guy. Those hands were early in my session, though, and I was giving an unknown player credit for a hand and playing my comfortable weak-tight style. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Results for this hand, although irrelevant, were that I called, Villian showed Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] , didn't hit the turn or river, and MHIG. Didn't feel proud of the call, though. Thanks again for the advice.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:35 AM

Eh, I guess people will try stuff like this at a .01-.02 table, but don't expect to see the same thing if you move up.