Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-15-2005, 02:58 PM

Default JTs--play along

live 10/20 half kill, decent game, not great.

Anyhoo, I've been super card dead, haven't played a hand in a long while. About half of the players are new ot the table

UTG (laggy pre-flop, post-flop he's dumb aggresive when no one else is and passive when someone else is aggro ) raises, utg+1 (try to play decent type, not good, but not com,pletely braindead) calls, utg+2 (unknown seems tight) calls, MP1 (very loose, fairly sratightforward post-flop) calls, tight player in MP2 calls, I have J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
and the T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is the burn.

I ___________.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: JTs--play along

Caaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:03 PM

Still call. Most of the value of your hand comes from its straight and flush possibilities, not really the pair possibilities. Just keep that card in mind when calculated outs should you flop a pair.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:04 PM

Raise. This hand plays great in large pots with many people.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:06 PM

I think I'd prefer if the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] were the burn instead.

But whatever. I would call.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

UTG (laggy pre-flop, post-flop he's dumb aggresive when no one else is and passive when someone else is aggro ) raises, utg+1 (try to play decent type, not good, but not com,pletely braindead) calls, utg+2 (unknown seems tight) calls, MP1 (very loose, fairly sratightforward post-flop) calls, tight player in MP2 calls, I have J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I ___________.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine.

I call, a solid 2p2er calls in the small blind, the BB (loose passive type) calls.

8 to the flop for 16 sbs:

Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets, 2 folds, MP1 calls, one fold,

I__________.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:13 PM

calls
Old 12-15-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I ___________.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine.

I call, a solid 2p2er calls in the small blind, the BB (loose passive type) calls.

8 to the flop for 16 sbs:

Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG bets, 2 folds, MP1 calls, one fold,

I__________.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lovely. Isn't it great when you catch some small piece of the flop like this and it comes one bet to you and you sort of have the immediate odds to call even when we discount for the flush draw we could be up against if we also take our implied odds into account, but then who knows if one of more of those in crowd to act behind you will raise? I guess probably someone will, because this flop must've hit someone else better than it hit you, and who's going to give any credit to the LAG's multiway auto-bet?

Anyway, I guess I'd grudgingly call and hope for the best.

Edit: By the way, this will give some idea of how loose I was feeling when I responded: For some reason, I thought the flop began with only 8 SBs in the pot.

Since it's actually 16 SBs, I think the call is fairly easy. I'm still apprehensive as I call, though, since I really don't like my hand much, and I am a little concerned there may be a raise and a 3-bet behind me.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:19 PM

This is also why I three bet preflop. If I do, I bet the 2+2er, sb, and bb aren't there anymore and I check behind and make sure that the turn is a 9.

Since you called, I call the flop. You only have 3.5 outs(9h is trouble) are are getting 18:1.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise. This hand plays great in large pots with many people.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is already large and multiway. Raising might make it less multiway while not really affecting largeness.