Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 12-19-2005, 12:23 PM
tonypaladino tonypaladino is offline
Senior Member

Location: props to Stuey for fixing my avatar
Default Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

It doesn't really matter you can think whatever you like. I just didn't like the fact that I felt I was being blown off.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you fail to see is you weren't blown off. You were given an answer. He told you exactly that the request had been processed, sent to shipping and he couldn't give you any more information. You kept nagging and nagging after he told you he couldn't give you any more information until the guy snapped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to start with, the CS rep lied. The USPS most certainly does do tracking numbers; I sent a package off a couple of months ago with one, and followed it until I knew it made it there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only tracking is for registered mail. I don't think Absolute wants to pay an exra $7.50 for each package it sends. Delivery Confirmation is not "tracking". It offers no transit information, only confirmation point status.

</nit>
Old 12-19-2005, 12:26 PM
primetime32 primetime32 is offline
Senior Member

Location: NY

[ QUOTE ]
that is a lot of typing for a lame poker t-shirt

Old 12-19-2005, 12:42 PM
jman220 jman220 is offline
Senior Member

Location: No Poker Sept-May

Before I totally pounce on Iggy like the rest of the thread, I would like to see a transcript of the emails that you sent to the CS rep as well. Most likely, I agree with you and everything else that has been said, this shouldn't stand (although, its a t-shirt that you shouldn't ever wear in public either). But I do want tos ee what you sent him that led up to that response.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:54 PM
bosoxfan bosoxfan is offline
Junior Member

Location: massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to see a transcript of the emails that you sent to the CS rep as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only have the last of the 4 I sent to customer support here is the exchange:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Craig,

I am really sorry about the very late reply; after I received your email I
contacted our marketing department and got a confirmation that is was sent and
after that I emailed our shipper to find out what exactly happened but as of yet
I have not received a reply from them which is why I have been holding on
replying to you; but, I realize that this was a mistake on my part. As soon as I
find out anything I will email you back and let you know. Again, I apologize for
my lack of response to your email.

Sincerely,

Alexandra
Team Absolute ~ VIP Services
"Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"
VIP@AbsolutePoker.com

Refer your friends to Absolute Poker today and we’ll hand you some FREE cash.
See www.absolutepoker.com/promotionsReferAFriend.asp for more details!

Old 12-19-2005, 01:05 PM
pokeraz pokeraz is offline
Member

[ QUOTE ]
Don't assume that this guy is getting fired. When I worked in a customer service role, one of our tricks was to tell angry customers things like this to make them feel better. You feel great because you think your efforts had a big impact on the business. Meanwhile, I "fire" my friend a couple times a year and my friend "fires" me a couple times too, and you and the other angry customers stop bugging us so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with B&P here. I'd dollars to doughnuts the guy didn't get fired. They were tired of getting hassled over a t-shirt and decided that was the best way to placate you.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:49 PM
jman220 jman220 is offline
Senior Member

Location: No Poker Sept-May

[...]

Ok, well if all the emails you sent were at that level of respect, then yeah, you did nothing wrong at all and the guy deserved to be fired.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:18 PM
Guest

I would have fired you for your [censored]-up at K-Mart, too.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:24 PM
shant shant is offline
Senior Member

Location: Los Angeles

[ QUOTE ]
Working at Kmart stressful? People are in Iraq fighting, getting killed everyday and you get in a shouting match at Kmart with a customer because you had too many things going on?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOLOL
Old 12-19-2005, 03:04 PM
WLVRYN WLVRYN is offline
Senior Member

that is a lot of typing for a lame poker t-shirt

At some point it becomes more than just a T-shirt. I had an issue with them a couple of months back that my ARP points werent tabulating correctly. I emailed them, posted in their forums, and emailed some more. Finally after 13 emails to the poker room manager and support and over a month, the issue was resolved. It wasnt a bunch of points (and I dont need any bobblehead dolls), but it was the fact that I was getting blown off and was getting pissed about it, so I made it a point to get those damn points. Think about it if it were more than a T-shirt (refer to Nate Dog and MyTurn2Raise's problems lately) and part of your bankroll was tied up and that jackass gave you the same reply. I'm sure you'd try to climb through your internet connection and strangle him. There's no excuse for behavior like that. That's why Toyota and Honda kick Ford and GM's ass (and why Pokerstars rules), because they care about their customers.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:08 PM
uncleshady uncleshady is offline
Junior Member

I agree with the "fire the employee to make the custoemr shut up" line. Ive fired many of my coworkers and in turn they have fired me back as well. Its a game customer service plays with people so they will leave them alone. The real test would to send andrew or whatever his name is an email from a different address with a legitimate problem and see if he replies.