Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Power of aggression + Have you ever made this mistake?

i'd say you might wanna take the table amounts down a notch, a small mistake like that can have a big affect on your nights profits.

you know what they say, you can play 4 tables with marginal effort, or play 1 table and play expertly to get max value with your max concentration.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:27 AM

exactly what i had said to him.. i didnt see your post here.. but i agree with what you said.

you can play one or two tables with all of your concentration and full ability or 4 tables and lose concentration and valuable bets here and there.

sounds like the art of patience in poker has been lost.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My roomate once sat down for his whole bankroll (100$) at a 100NL table. The first hand he plays he gets 88 and tries to type in '4' to raise to $4 but instead types '444' and pushes all in. Player next to him calls lightning fast with A9 ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Screen name and site, please?
Old 11-29-2005, 03:44 AM

I play online poker for a living and do not ever try and play 4 tables at a time. I usually limit myself to 2 or 3 at the most. Depending on the level I choose that day, I may only play one, especially if I check my log and see that there is a high limit table with a bunch of calling stations or loose agressive players. So, I can answer your question by saying no, I have never done that.

The old saying holds true in poker just like in anything else. "Quality, not Quantity" It isn't how many hands you can be playing at once, but the ability to keep up a high quality of play within that quantity.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:21 AM

it was empire/partypoker...the screename could be mmmmboobs, supplyndemnd...or maniacontilt
Old 11-29-2005, 02:30 PM

I know the raeson i screwed up is I just had 6's on a previous table that hit for trips. Also the phone rang an I answered the call. It was a mistake and I learned from it. 4 tables was not the problem. Taking the phone call was the mistake. Hey i screwed up and it cost me about 5 BB. I learned from it and moved on. But its amazing how players thought I was reckless after that nad gave me lots of action on good hands. Funny thing was after I lost i thought the software had screwed up and had to look at the hand history.
Than said you idiot. Mistake # 1 I also have a rule 2 mistakes equals break time as your games not sharp.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play online poker for a living and do not ever try and play 4 tables at a time. I usually limit myself to 2 or 3 at the most. Depending on the level I choose that day, I may only play one, especially if I check my log and see that there is a high limit table with a bunch of calling stations or loose agressive players. So, I can answer your question by saying no, I have never done that.

The old saying holds true in poker just like in anything else. "Quality, not Quantity" It isn't how many hands you can be playing at once, but the ability to keep up a high quality of play within that quantity.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be the first time I have heard a "pro" saying he/she does not play 4-6 tables on the regular.

So this is a case against multi-tabling?
Old 11-29-2005, 10:19 PM

What was amazing was her expression when the dealer pushed Mr. Broadway the pot. I thought she was going to lose it for about five minutes.

ScottieK
Old 11-30-2005, 02:14 AM

i did something similar once. on one table i had TJs, at another i had 9T. at second table flop comes 89Q; villian bets $3 i instaraise to $10, thinking i had the straight, and get away with it lol. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 08:58 AM

I made exactly the same mistake today. 2 tabling I had pocket 7's on one hand and 67s on another. A, 7, 10 comes on the 67s table and my brain for some reason goes 'set' called villain's first bet and then capped the turn. I bet the river and called a raise to be shown A 10. 'Hooray' I win I think, then look in horror as the pot goes his way. As you did, I thought software broke and had to check hand history to find out I'm an idiot.

This incident made me realise that even 2 tabling is wrong for me and have gone back to single tabling. I'm actually finding it a lot more enjoyable because I can really focus on my opponents playing characteristics rather than just their stats and make winning plays I otherwise would have missed.