Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2004, 02:07 AM

Default SSH \"tight\" preflop chart - typo?

I realize Ed doesn't even have his book yet, but for the "Tight" game chart, all positions, the "raise and a reraise" section have identical hands listed for "play" and "raise"

Play: AA-QQ, AKs
Raise: AA-QQ, AKs

Is there a typo here or is this how it's meant to appear? If so, why not just have the raise line?

I guess it has also never occured to me to fold AK to a 3-bet in front of me in low limit, but maybe that's why I'm reading this book.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:17 AM

Default Re: SSH \"tight\" preflop chart - typo?

Those are the hands you can play and also the hands you can raise. They include the play line to keep the chart consistent with the other charts. I think a missing "play" line would cause much confusion.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:26 AM

Default Re: SSH \"loose\" preflop chart - typo?

The goofy part I found on the chart was the Early vs. Middle chart for "loose" games. Everything on the middle chart says "Same as you wound under early position". Except that the rules for "Against A Raise" feel the need to italicize "early position".

Then, in the same chart, the only hands specifically mentioned in the "middle hands" chart are the hands for after a reraise. So, it seems that that is the only area that early and middle position should differ? Nope. The exact same hands are listed in both charts.

P.S. I've gotta assume that some last minute changes were made in these charts, and as it turned out, the "middle pos" chart became completely redundant.