Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2003, 11:37 AM

Default NEPC Satellites (Foxwoods) ?

Does anyone have info on satellites for the various NEPC tournies? Do they run at set times, or are they fill-n-go? Are they all single-table or are there supers? What is the house take? Thanks.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:47 PM

Default Re: NEPC Satellites (Foxwoods) ?

Mel, I can tell you how they were run for the WPF in October. I assume the system will be similar for the NEPC.

There was at least one super satellite scheduled each day with single table satellites on a fill and go basis throughout the day. I have no idea what the house take is.
Old 03-20-2003, 11:11 AM

I can't remember the specifics but I seem to recall that the house take on the single table satelites was such that I didn't think these were a good value. The supers I think though were OK.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:14 PM

Here's the info on satellites that Foxwoods has made available on printouts available in the poker room: the $1500 super is $50 with a $15 entry fee plus $50 rebuys first three levels. They run Mar 31-Apr 12 at 8:30pm. One/two table satellites are fill-n-go depending on what you're playing for and are running until midnight. Price depends on event. Going by last year's Poker Finals, these were pretty hit or miss in terms of reliability. There were about 10 different satellite lists running with everyone putting their name on 4 or 5 lists. And just because there were more than enough people ready to play a certain satellite didn't mean it would start running because of what appeared to be a dealer shortage. And if several satellites had people ready to go, usually the most vocal crowd would get their satellite up and running (so make sure you stick close by). What this translated to was that many people ended up waiting a while, sitting around yappin or watchin until they got their satellite. The supers were much more orderly, but that's because there's only 1 a day. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:56 AM

Thanks for the info. Are the normal nightly tournaments still running during that period?
Old 03-24-2003, 12:32 PM

No, none of the regular weekly tournaments are running during this time.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:55 PM

Actaully, last year they ran two supers a day (the first at 4:30?). Don't know if that's what they will be doing this year. The vig on the regular satellites was generally pretty brutal (like around 20% IIRC).
Old 03-27-2003, 01:55 PM

I was at foxwoods for the 1st few days of the WPT in October. For a place that runs great tournies, they ran poor satelites/supersatelites. Hopefully they will improve for NEPC.

Ken Poklitar