Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Turn check-raise w/ overcards. Standard?

[ QUOTE ]
If MP2 folded to UTG+2's bet we would have an EASY check-raise. I think it is mandatory and not raising would be absolutely TERRIBLE!

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. Even if you manage isolate and get HU against villain, your river play will be impossible UI. You need to learn how to let AK go, particularly when OOP.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Did it work this time? I hope the guy didn't have A4o.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course it worked! It allways works! Didn't I tell you this is the correct play? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Actually, I think the turn decision is pretty close, and a fold is probably the best play. As I wrote earlier the turn card is not very good for my hand. It completes 2 draws and creates a redraw. That combined with the number of opponents in the hand I think I should have folded.

But I want to stress out thaf if the turn card was a blank and the action was the same to me, raising would CLEARLY be the best play. Everything else is just BAD, BAD, BAD... But NOONE in this thread agreed with me on that point. I didn't expect that everyone would agree with me, but I certainly didn't expect to get crucified by the whole 2+2 crew for my play!

I am SURPRISED and seriously WORRIED that respected 2+2 posters would fold if a blank hit on the turn and the action was the same. You can't fold in a 7.5 BB pot to a bet from some dude that bets on the turn when checked to after doing nothing so far in the hand. Folding is just bad weak-tight poker. With some simple hand reading it's easy to see that he probably doesn't have much. And when you realize you can't fold, you must realize that raising is by far better than calling for the reasons I've already mentioned a million times in this thread.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:51 PM

I'd rather check raise the flop (if I wasn't going to fold) and then bet out on the turn with the flush card and fold to a reraise.

Check raising the flop makes it look like you are sweetening the pot with a flush draw so if a club hits on the turn then you are likely to force people out. Additionally, if a King or Ace hits on the Turn you have a good shot at winning the hand.

I'm not a fan of check raising the turn even with a blank and especially with 3 clubs.

rvg
Old 10-03-2005, 07:26 PM

I fold it on the flop. Too many draws there and you don't have even a club. But if I was drunk and felt like bluffing on this board I'd bet the river as well.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would you have raised if the turn card was a blank?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'll find no one would have raised here. Even if a blank comes you're unlikely to fold a pair (which you're probably behind to at the moment).

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I found one. A lot of posters here should read/reread that Clarkmeister hand and think about how that concept can be applied in this hand.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would you have raised if the turn card was a blank?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'll find no one would have raised here. Even if a blank comes you're unlikely to fold a pair (which you're probably behind to at the moment).

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I found one. A lot of posters here should read/reread that Clarkmeister hand and think about how that concept can be applied in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be much more applicable if the turn was a blank and didn't bring 3 to the flush.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course it worked! It allways works! Didn't I tell you this is the correct play? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're being results-oriented with your line.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:32 PM

You're annoying.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:22 PM

If you're behind here you most likely have 4 outs, not 6, as the clubs put a 4 flush on the board. I might consider this if you had a Club in your hand, but otherwise it's a check/fold.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:24 PM

yup, fold