Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Is A9o Playable here

I never play A9o unless I'm in a steal position or in the SB if there's a few players in. SSH does not recommend it. Neither does ITH. WLLH does with this many players, but in general it's a loser. Any thoughts?

Was it playable here from the Button with this many callers.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (12 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 24 BB
Old 05-23-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Is A9o Playable here

Yes. I may even raise this(is that bad?)

Also, don't be so results-oriented. I would be willing to bet that you wouldn't post this hand if the board had been five blanks.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:19 PM

NO - A9os sucks with 3 people already in

if you are going to play this junk (which is bad), i'm guessing you have to raise it up to get the blinds and poster out, and to take control of the hand
Old 05-23-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, don't be so results-oriented. I would be willing to bet that you wouldn't post this hand if the board had been five blanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good post, and 100% true. Why do I need to see the final board to make a preflop decision?

edit: wait, you would have rivered a boat! OF COURSE you should call preflop!!

edit2: holy [censored] you would have had quads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EASY CALL!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edit: wait, you would have rivered a boat! OF COURSE you should call preflop!!

[/ QUOTE ]
[nit]He would have rivered quads.[/nit]
Old 05-23-2005, 07:43 PM

What's with the attitude man!

This is a legitimate question.

No kidding I asked the question because I would have had quads had I played it. That's what made me notice the hand, but being results oriented had nothing to do with it.

Give me a little more credit. I've probably already forgotten more about gambling in general than you will ever know in your life based on my 30 years of racetrack experience, but I am new to poker.

I checked various starting hand charts to see if anyone suggested playing A9 from the CO with mutiple players because I know that A9o is generally a marginal hand from that spot. WLLH suggested playing it did but SSH does not.

I am asking if this is one of those marginal hands that might tip into profitability against weak/loose players if played.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:47 PM

Have you ever folded 72o, only to see a flop of 777? Did you run onto 2+2 and ask whether or not you should call PF with 72o? Of course not. It is fine to post this question, but you shouldn't expect to hit quads every time. Which is being results oriented.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:57 PM

Anyone that has been playing poker more than a few weeks or has any experience at all with gambling knows not to be results oriented. This isn't my first week here.

The hand was the hand. It didn't need to be posted to ask the question, but that's what triggered the question just like every other question that gets asked. A hand triggers it. If I thought of it before this hand I would have asked it long ago and would now know the answer.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:03 PM

generally, w/ 2 limpers &amp; a poster, ATo is my cutoff to limp in LP, usually.

i'm interested in what other ppl will limp here w/ a suited A ...
Old 05-23-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's with the attitude man!

This is a legitimate question.

No kidding I asked the question because I would have had quads had I played it. That's what made me notice the hand, but being results oriented had nothing to do with it.

Give me a little more credit. I've probably already forgotten more about gambling in general than you will ever know in your life based on my 30 years of racetrack experience, but I am new to poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
The attitude is because there was a spurt a while ago where you were complaining and whatever, and you let results influence your decisions too much. And because you spout off this horse racing nonsense every time someone thinks you should not have made a thread (I'm really proud of you!).

If you just posted preflop and asked your question, I wouldn't have posted in this thread. Sorry for the attitude, but I hate these threads - not because there couldn't be content or good discussion, but because they're plagued by posting of the results of a single hand.