Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 02:28 AM

Default Re: Learning Weird Stuff About Yourself

[ QUOTE ]
I crapped my pants until I was 13. my parents thought I was retarded too. Turns out, I just liked the way it felt and I had already taught myself to crap in a toilet when I was 4 months old.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no problem believing any of this. Well, I don't believe that last part.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She also said I was speaking in complete sentences before I was a year old. They tried to get me to skip a grade or even two when I was in grade school a few times, and to sign me up for college when I was in high school, but each time my parents wanted none of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

im like this, only my parents chose to skip grades rather than not. made a huge, huge difference.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when I was 19 I smoked weed for the first time and had a pretty bad panic attack. this was the first panic attack I've ever had. I woke up the next morning with depersonification, which is when you don't feel like you're in your body, and that persisted for about six weeks. I saw a few therapists, thought I was going insane, and spent the next six months in an anxious, neurotic cycle. it was probably the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I also developed somniphobia, and started getting sleep paralysis.

my doctors told me I have mild generalized anxiety, which i never knew before. I don't really know what that means, but I guess I just worry all the time. I guess I just need to get laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was 16 I flipped out on shrooms. It was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. I had never flipped out on shrooms, acid, or pot ever before that. I never did shrooms or acid since then, but somtimes I would feel like i did when I was flipping out. I finally saw a shrink a year later and was told that the shrooms had nothing to do with it and that I had generalized anxiety disorder. I took it seriously then, but now, I am told that I have other things that seem like anxiety but aren't. Anyways...I doubt the pot was the cause of your anxiety, just like the shrooms weren't the cause of mine. It is more likely that these things brought on our attacks. Wow, OOT, for fun and a healing group.

craig
Old 12-07-2005, 02:36 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

you didn't teach yourself to read
Old 12-07-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She also said I was speaking in complete sentences before I was a year old. They tried to get me to skip a grade or even two when I was in grade school a few times, and to sign me up for college when I was in high school, but each time my parents wanted none of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

im like this, only my parents chose to skip grades rather than not. made a huge, huge difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, I wish it had been that way for me. If I would ever have kids, I'd let them go for it and try to reach the heights of their abilities. I'd be thrilled for them.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:45 AM

I thought I had black eyes until my teen years when I went up close to a mirror and checked. Whadya know? I have dk. brown eyes.

wow, I'm so glad to get that off my chest
Old 12-07-2005, 02:49 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

it's sorta hard to un-ring that bell once it starts though. grade-skipping can have big social effects, especially once they start to come out of grade school. it would be a tough thing for me to assess.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:51 AM

It's my opinion that all drugs, or booze, can do is spark whatever is inside you anyway.

"I wouldn't have done that, but I was so drunk." Yeah, right. Works great for both guys and gals. Guys: Yes, it's not the booze, you really are a jerk and no one cares that you drank first. Gals: Yes, you're not really this kind of girl, of course, we know that.

That's why really uptight people often freak out the most. They've got a lot more inside that they can't deal with and need to repress, and when it comes out all at once, BOOM.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's my opinion that all drugs, or booze, can do is spark whatever is inside you anyway.

"I wouldn't have done that, but I was so drunk." Yeah, right. Works great for both guys and gals. Guys: Yes, it's not the booze, you really are a jerk and no one cares that you drank first. Gals: Yes, you're not really this kind of girl, of course, we know that.

That's why really uptight people often freak out the most. They've got a lot more inside that they can't deal with and need to repress, and when it comes out all at once, BOOM.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The problem with them being onset because of drugs is it can cause misdiagnoses. But, I am convinced most Psychiatrists open the DSM-IV and point at whatever page and that is what you have. Well not really, but it seems that way.

craig
Old 12-07-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when I was 19 I smoked weed for the first time and had a pretty bad panic attack. this was the first panic attack I've ever had. I woke up the next morning with depersonification, which is when you don't feel like you're in your body, and that persisted for about six weeks. I saw a few therapists, thought I was going insane, and spent the next six months in an anxious, neurotic cycle. it was probably the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I also developed somniphobia, and started getting sleep paralysis.

my doctors told me I have mild generalized anxiety, which i never knew before. I don't really know what that means, but I guess I just worry all the time. I guess I just need to get laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was 16 I flipped out on shrooms. It was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. I had never flipped out on shrooms, acid, or pot ever before that. I never did shrooms or acid since then, but somtimes I would feel like i did when I was flipping out. I finally saw a shrink a year later and was told that the shrooms had nothing to do with it and that I had generalized anxiety disorder. I took it seriously then, but now, I am told that I have other things that seem like anxiety but aren't. Anyways...I doubt the pot was the cause of your anxiety, just like the shrooms weren't the cause of mine. It is more likely that these things brought on our attacks. Wow, OOT, for fun and a healing group.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah I don't think all of my anxiety was caused by pot, it just caused it to spike for a brief period of time, which was enough to set of a cycle.

the pot experience was bad, but I can't even imagine what a bad trip would be like. panic attacks + dragons and spiders = nothing good