Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Set on low rainbow board

Loose table.
Both villains with VPIP of 50%.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB ($16.05)
BB ($27.68)
UTG ($5.70)
MP ($99.62)
Hero ($47.47)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
[color=#666666]2 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.25, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero bets ?</font>

Worth a slow-play or not?
Old 11-22-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Set on low rainbow board

Bump
Old 11-22-2005, 08:50 PM

no, bet the pot.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:51 PM

Never worth a slow play. Both players are in the blinds so could have anything. A 5 or a 6 is either goin to make them a straight or kill your action.

For what it's worth I would never open limp from the button unless I was 100% sure that my opponents were going to call and then call down with any hand.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth I would never open limp from the button unless I was 100% sure that my opponents were going to call and then call down with any hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. That's a part of my play I am working on.

Considering:

1. Open-raising on the button with any hand I would limp with if there were other callers before me.

2. Limping with many hands I would otherwise have folded if there had been other callers.

My button play is my weakest point.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering:

1. Open-raising on the button with any hand I would limp with if there were other callers before me.

2. Limping with many hands I would otherwise have folded if there had been other callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... shorthanded def. raise pre-flop or fold....
I'd actually want a K Q or J on the board for your slowplay to work... The chances they'd limp with K 5 or Q 8 or J 9 are increased. THey might then try to steal with top pair and moderate kicker... But yeah, bet out that flop, the chances of a low str8 with limpers are greater... YOu gotta get info..
Old 11-22-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering:

[/ QUOTE ]

The only time "the button" is an important consideration is when you have marginal hands or when you want to throw a "curveball."

I think "the button" is highly overrated. If you have 2 6 offsuit on the button, don't even think of calling. In the long term, those extra "half blinds" to call the BB add up!

"The button" should be a consideration with marginally winning hands like K 9 suited or Q 10 suited or K Q offsuit...

So don't get stressed out b/c your "button play" is bad... Step back and take a look at your overall game rather than your "button play".
Old 11-22-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... shorthanded def. raise pre-flop or fold....
I'd actually want a K Q or J on the board for your slowplay to work... The chances they'd limp with K 5 or Q 8 or J 9 are increased. THey might then try to steal with top pair and moderate kicker... But yeah, bet out that flop, the chances of a low str8 with limpers are greater... YOu gotta get info..

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry it's in spurts.

You'll find as you play, the button is key on hands, like i said, that are marginal. FOr example you hold K Q, your opponent holds A K on a
A K Q 10 board... You could probaby, if he's tight, use the button in that situation, throw a raise in after he's checked it to you, and win the pot b/c his fear of a Jack.. EVEN THOUGH HE'S AHEAD IN THE HAND!! THOSE KIND of situations are where the button is POWERFUL... but notice, it's MARGINAL... outright, just b/c you're the button does not entitle you a 50%+ EV....

get my drift? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2005, 09:45 PM

i dont agree with raising pf or folding here, especially with position.

and having position is important for all hands, not just marginal holdings.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:47 PM

bet the flop if someone raises , triple his bet...then if a card that cant make the straight hits the turn, push