Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Best place to get mp3?

[ QUOTE ]

It's very easy to download entire albums on Soulseek as well. In fact, Soulseek is way easier than bittorrent for finding entire albums -- it just might take awhile to download if the person has a long queue.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I use it. Plus, there is an endless selection of foreign music you can't find on mainstream sites.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:50 PM

allofmp3 is definitely the correct answer if your time has any value and you don't have any contacts. the legality as mentioned in the link is basically buyer beware but considering the host country is russia, it's a get it while it's hot unbeatable deal. any further comments down this line is a politics forum issue but basically it boils down to a really powerful but still reforming country giving it the temporary ok.

for hot, top 40 releases though, irc is an easy and free alternative. just realize that you are going to spend more time on it than if you'd just pay the russians a buck or two.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you don't care much about "legal", http://www.slsknet.org/ is the absolute best (no spyware/no adware/enormous selection)

Most of the legal places suck ass, terrible selection, idiotic methods of protection, many need subscription etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, I must be retarded. Why do all my downloads say "Awaiting User" or "Remotely Queued"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there are thousands of people trying to download from hundreds of sources.