Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Party VIP club

I've been advising people not to start emailing party asking for the rakeback. I can only assume that if they ask you they're going to offer a better deal than if you ask them.

My deal was a little better than $800 for 15k hands. This is the first other $'s I've heard, so obviously party has some discretion in what they are offerring.

To get the best deal, I would suggest spending the next 2 months playing an insane amount of hands, then go and cash out and play somewhere else for a few months.

That'd be my best guess of how to get the best deal, however since they seem to be offerring it to more and more people per day, I'd at least wait another week or two before you ask them. What's a few weeks when we consider the next few years rakeback percentage?
Old 10-19-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
she said that would pay like $800 per month if I play 15k hands (i said that I usually play 20k-30k per month)

[/ QUOTE ]
Total hands or raked hands?
Old 10-19-2005, 04:13 AM

What stakes if I may ask?
Old 10-19-2005, 04:27 AM

Palman, Did you get the pop up also when you logged on to Party or just the e-mail? And may I ask what limits you play? All I got was the pop up.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:05 AM

Yes, I get the popup as well. And I've put in decent hours at all levels up to 30/60
Old 10-19-2005, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
she said that would pay like $800 per month if I play 15k hands (i said that I usually play 20k-30k per month)

[/ QUOTE ]
Total hands or raked hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure. She just said "hands", but I suspect that they will be raked hands. I'm still waiting on the email.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What stakes if I may ask?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a low level player -- mainly play 1/2, but have played a decent amount at 2/4 & 3/6. Over the last 2 months, I've dedidcated myself to 6-max. I told them I would primarly play 1/2 6-max.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been advising people not to start emailing party asking for the rakeback. I can only assume that if they ask you they're going to offer a better deal than if you ask them.

My deal was a little better than $800 for 15k hands. This is the first other $'s I've heard, so obviously party has some discretion in what they are offerring.

To get the best deal, I would suggest spending the next 2 months playing an insane amount of hands, then go and cash out and play somewhere else for a few months.

That'd be my best guess of how to get the best deal, however since they seem to be offerring it to more and more people per day, I'd at least wait another week or two before you ask them. What's a few weeks when we consider the next few years rakeback percentage?

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right, but it's hard to tell. Party seems to be changing its mind a lot these days, and perhaps the offers being reported now won't be available in a few weeks or months.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Be patient. I sent them an email last week. This evening some lady called and talked to me about how much I play, what limits, etc. She said that I was the type of player they were looking for. The details weren't real good, but basically she said that would pay like $800 per month if I play 15k hands (i said that I usually play 20k-30k per month). Supposedly she'll send an email tomorrow with more exact details. If I like the deal, I'll go back, otherwise, I'm doing fine at other sites.

She also was very explicit about not making a new account.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much just had the exact same experience, some guy just called me and welcomed me to the club. I sent an email to bonus@partypoker.com about a week ago, but the guy insinuated that he was calling me because I just completed my popup offer for oct.

FWIW, I used to play micro and small stakes on party until about 4-5 months ago, when I switched to empire and have been putting in 20k+ hands at 5/10+ for the last couple of months. About a month ago I deposited back into party to play in some PPM qualifiers, won a couple of semifinal seats, and in the last month have played 300 SNGs at the 55 and 109 level to earn the extra starting chips for the semis, and also mixed in around 5k hands of 5/10, 10/20, 15/30.

I told the guy on the phone all this, and told him that I was going to continue to play my 20-30k hands/month at another site because of the "bonuses" I was receiving. He asked about those bonuses, and I told him they worked out to about $.07/hand, and also told him that if party came close to matching this I would switch all of my cash game play to party. He said he would try to work some things out and get back to me with an offer.

as I was typing this I got a call back (literally 15 mins later) with a concrete offer: 10k raked hands by end of october, I get $500. 50k raked hands in nov: $2500. Limits unimportant. These bonuses are set amounts for a set number of hands; he said they were *not* doing $x/hand, but were considering implementing that in the near future. He also said I could give them a call any time during november if I thought I had no chance of hitting 50k and they would be happy to reevaluate. The guy was super nice, super helpful, very personal service. I was actually somewhat impressed by the experience.

I know this isn't close to 32%, but to have a clear, above board system with no risk that is maybe 20% or so is pretty nice to have (i haven't run any numbers, but it's .05/raked hand which I believe is in that neighborhood, if others can give me a concrete number I would appreciate).
Old 10-19-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10k raked hands by end of october: $500. 50k raked hands in nov: $2500

[/ QUOTE ]

not great....but could be worse.

a bit easier now that you can play more than 4 tables.

i would probably do this....but think they should give more for 50k.
do you have a way of monitoring # of raked-hands?? or do you just aim for 60k and hope it's enough?