Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 07:53 AM

Default What satellites are you playing on Stars?

I am wondering this because I have recently started playing in these and I have noticed that the opponents arent that strong in these. An easy way to $T in short. So was just wondering what satellites are you guys playing in?

I have started playing the following each day:
($3+rebuys) satellite to Sunday $500,000 guaranteed
($36+3) satellite to Sunday $500,000 guaranteed
($36+3 rebuys) satellite to Sunday $500,000 guaranteed

Have won quite a few T$. So what about you? Maybe I am missing out on some other great satellites.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:57 AM

Default Re: What satellites are you playing on Stars?

$3 rebuy to Sunday tournament - I havn't had ANY success in this, i think i've won 1 seat this way.

$10r Turbo to Suunday Tournament - I've sucked at these recently, but i'm still up overall.

$36 freezeout to Sunday Tournaments - i think i'm 4/5 in these, something ridiculous.

$5r Turbo sat's to $175 DSO - I suck.

$10r Turbo sat's to saturday $650 - I suck

$175 DSO Sat to Bermuda - I suck, for like -3000.

--

I think tha'ts about all the ones i play.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:55 AM

I never played satellites before the Atlantis ones started. I suck at satellites.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never played satellites before the Atlantis ones started. I suck at satellites.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah better stick to winning NL400 pots with Ace high then [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Btw, out of interest, got a seat to the atlantis one?
Old 10-18-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am wondering this because I have recently started playing in these and I have noticed that the opponents arent that strong in these. An easy way to $T in short. So was just wondering what satellites are you guys playing in?

I have started playing the following each day:
($3+rebuys) satellite to Sunday $500,000 guaranteed
($36+3) satellite to Sunday $500,000 guaranteed
($36+3 rebuys) satellite to Sunday $500,000 guaranteed

Have won quite a few T$. So what about you? Maybe I am missing out on some other great satellites.

[/ QUOTE ]

My story with SATs is "always the bride's maid, never the bride"...

I have played som many FPP SNGs SATS and have come in second a ton...the 3r always land me close but no cigar...the FPP MTT SATS that pay top 9 I have come in 10th twice and top 15 another 3 times.

Being an SNG player I should be killing these SATS, but often playing a winner take all is tough for me to adjust to.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:29 AM

I have played and done VERY well in the 36+3 freezeout SAT. If it will help those of you that play this one, I have found that a "day one WSOP" strategy seems to work just fine as everyone plays SCARED in this tourney. Often
I will be able to sit out 15 to 20 minutes from the end of this tourney as my chip stack is almost a mathematical lock to qualify. Thanks to these tournies I have been playing on T$ in my SNG's for almost four months now. I say keep playing this one. As for the 3R or the 39R...the re-buys make the first hour of these crazy and can often stick you for quite a bit. If i have to choose based on ROI....stick with the freeze-out.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:35 AM

I have never heard about the day one WSOP strategy? Is that something like playing ultra tight?

EDIT: Im not allowing myself to do a rebuy in the 39+rebuy satellite so im just in there when I got the best of it. It really helps since I double up quite a few time the first hour if I am getting nice cards. Of course, I have busted out quickly sometimes but thats the charm of poker [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The rebuys/addon in this tourny only adds to the % I have to qualifying since every 6 entry/rebuy/addon gives one spot.

With 200 entrants, 75 rebuys and 50 addons thats 54 places. And I know I can easily get myself into top 54 out of 200 entrants [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I have taken the addon once inawhile if I feel it will almost guarantee my ticket.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:41 AM

Pretty much yes...It means collect chips with premium hands, trying to win small pots while NEVER putting yourself in an all-in situation. Since the payout pays the same for 15th as it does for 1st, making plays to move up the payout is just plain dumb. All you have to do is not lose all your chips.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:14 PM

I have recently started playing on Stars for MTT and their satelites. I play in the 3+R for the $500k Sunday once or twice a week. I have not been very lucky when it comes to rebuys. I might be playing too tight during the initial rounds in an attempt to profit from the general loosness of the tables. How do you guys play in rebuys? I notice alot of players trying to double up via coinflips early on. I am new to rebuys and would appreciate suggestions.

I normally end up spending $9 bucks total (initial rebuy to 3k + add-on) I might try the $36 satelite next time.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i really sucked when i first started trying these, and i'm still not good but at least ok. the thing is, even when i first started i think i was +EV, b/c so many people just suck WAY worse. i mean i think if you just know how normal MTT strategy works you probably make money playing the sats. and if you start learning how to play properly for supersats you just can make even more.

its like good cashgame players who can win at MTTs without any adjustments, just not as much as they make once they learn how to play MTTs.