Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 06:55 AM

Default Fooled me...

This hand isn't really about my play, but rather Villian's (solid TAG). All I know is that I was beat and so I folded. I just didn't realize how behind I actually was until the hand was over. What do you think of Villian's play here? He slowplayed, but I think he could have easily extracted more money since BB (super LAG) would call or raise practically anything.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO :#A500AF(Villian)/ calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villian calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, Villian calls.

River: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 4h 6d (two pair, fours and threes).
Villian has 3c 3s (four of a kind, threes).
Outcome: Villian wins 7.50 BB. </font>
Old 12-18-2005, 07:32 AM

Default Re: Fooled me...

Your flop bet puts Villain in an awkward spot, so I think the flop call is fine.

I think the turn call sucks -- especially heads-up against a LAG. (But I suppose at least it doesn't give away Villain's hand. I still think it sucks, though. Why not go for a big win?)

Preflop, I'm not crazy about your open-limp from MP2, by the way. I would have folded or raised (in that order, though the table conditions could influence me).
Old 12-18-2005, 11:47 AM

Yeah, I noticed my pre-flop call (instead of a raise or fold) after I posted this hand. I'm not really sure why I didn't go for the steal. I know BB would call practically anything, but still, I think I have equity to justify an attempt.

Thanks for your reply, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't the only one who thought this was moronic. This was the only play I saw Villian make that made me go, "WTF?"
Old 12-18-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your flop bet puts Villain in an awkward spot, so I think the flop call is fine.

I think the turn call sucks -- especially heads-up against a LAG. (But I suppose at least it doesn't give away Villain's hand. I still think it sucks, though. Why not go for a big win?)

Preflop, I'm not crazy about your open-limp from MP2, by the way. I would have folded or raised (in that order, though the table conditions could influence me).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the turn call sucks as well, however, the board so far doesn't give anyone else (other than villian) much to go to war with. He was probably hoping that the river would make someone a stronger second best hand and that BB would bet again (rivered spades flush or A etc). Since BB just checks the river, all villian can get into the pot is one more bet.

I actually had a hand played against me like this two nights ago. Villian had quad Kings on the flop. On the flop I had AJs for a pair of jacks and a rr spaces draw. The turn brought another spade and when I rivered my the A high flush I went to war because I didn't put villian on quads (or even trips for that matter). He never even raised the turn when I bet even though he had flopped it. In that case I would still not have folded the turn to a raise though and villian would probably have extracted an extra bet.

Greg