Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: LO8 .5/1 Pokerstars hand

:grunch (hey, I'm a former limit player [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]):

With the A34 in your hand, your hand is marginal for the low and will often only be good for the low when there's a 2 on the board. You don't have any scoop potential, so I don't agree with the preflop raise.

On the flop, I'd probably fold. I have no way to scoop here, and I could be drawing dead to A2. Check/fold river with only top pair and the 3rd nuts for low.

Please flame if need be. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 01:44 PM

Default Re: LO8 .5/1 Pokerstars hand

[ QUOTE ]
:grunch (hey, I'm a former limit player [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]):

With the A34 in your hand, your hand is marginal for the low and will often only be good for the low when there's a 2 on the board. You don't have any scoop potential, so I don't agree with the preflop raise.

On the flop, I'd probably fold. I have no way to scoop here, and I could be drawing dead to A2. Check/fold river with only top pair and the 3rd nuts for low.

Please flame if need be. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would play it this way too. But I have only been playing OH8 for a couple of weeks and mainly only at full tables (10) on pokerroom.