Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Chau Giang

Chau Giang (sp) was once qouted as saying that...

"its is definately possible to be an amazing limit Holdem player, and at the same time... absolutely bite the big one at no limit holdem... cash games AND tournaments..."

What do you all think with your infinite wisdom? LOL!

I think this is definately possible since playing limit holdem and no limit holdem are two very different things.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Chau Giang

[ QUOTE ]
Chau Giang (sp) was once qouted as saying that...

"its is definately possible to be an amazing limit Holdem player, and at the same time... absolutely bite the big one at no limit holdem... cash games AND tournaments..."

What do you all think with your infinite wisdom? LOL!

I think this is definately possible since playing limit holdem and no limit holdem are two very different things.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems obvious. Many great tournament players are hopeless in cash games. Different skill set. When is the last time you saw Phil Hellmuth or Chris Ferguson tearing up a cash game?

I play limit fairly well, but I enjoy NL and SNGs more so I play them more. So, I'm better at them.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:29 PM

possible, but unlikely. Maybe he is speaking from personal experience.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That could be. I was just thinking about it... and say you have a limit cash game hand vs a no limit cash game hand. Say on the turn you have a gutshot straight draw, and a flush draw and are facing one bet in limit to call into a 12 bet pot... well then it would be profitable to call and a much easier call.

Whereas in NL cash game instead of facing only one bet to call, you might be facing an allin raise for the rest of your money at the table... which would definately make it a harder call with one card to come and perhaps a bad call.

Thoughts?
Old 10-21-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Say on the turn you have a gutshot straight draw, and a flush draw and are facing one bet in limit to call into a 12 bet pot... well then it would be profitable to call and a much easier call.

Whereas in NL cash game instead of facing only one bet to call, you might be facing an allin raise for the rest of your money at the table... which would definately make it a harder call with one card to come and perhaps a bad call.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably don't want to know.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That could be. I was just thinking about it... and say you have a limit cash game hand vs a no limit cash game hand. Say on the turn you have a gutshot straight draw, and a flush draw and are facing one bet in limit to call into a 12 bet pot... well then it would be profitable to call and a much easier call.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that just makes it an easier fold.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:43 PM

Ok ok guys, sheesh its a bad call... lol... lets not get off topic here.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:01 PM

I know from experience that it is possible to be amiddling limit player and suck at NL
Old 10-21-2005, 10:00 PM

Limit and NL games are totally different.
If you play limit games all the time, but once for a while to play NL games, it will hurt your NL games.

Cash games and tournaments are in the same logic.
If you play tournaments all the time, you will suck at cash games if you just want to play it for a few hours.

I play Poker as a hobby. So I focus on playing NL Holdem tournamenets.