Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Party Poker Skin Split Review

I've just been doing some thinking on how the Party Poker skin split worked. I'm no longer up on empire, it seems to have lost all its bigger limit games. I've switched to pacific, and still play at party without rakeback now. But I'm also a full time MBA student doing a strategic analyses of party's split, and was looking for some info from skilled players on what they thought.

I was wondering what all your thoughts were now that it's "all over", and how does this compare to your original reaction, other than the disappointment of having rakebacks cut out from the big fishy party player base.

Any thoughts or comments you can provide me with would be appreciated.

Thanks,
theCowboy
Old 11-21-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Party Poker Skin Split Review

Keep on top of the lawsuit that Empire will be fighting, and keep track of the exact modifications to Party Poker Rake and Empire/NoblePoker population.

Wait for the new platform that PartyGaming is supposed to launch after the first of the year, and see if it is really any good, or just more ways to separate the fish from their chips with BlackJack and more side bets. In fact, calculate the losses from side bets and BlackJack as increased rake, and see how much is going to the shareholders!

Then see where PartyGaming is allocating expenses for attorneys to defend the Empire lawsuit. It should all be in the quarterly reports if you know where to look.

Keeping track of the $$$$ should keep you busy and get you a great masters or doctoral thesis.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:20 PM

i don't think many people if any really (less then 5 percent) dable with those side bets. i would wager more play blackjack but i don't think they're making the money hand over fist like i think they thought they would.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:51 PM

It's been great. I was settling for rakeback, when I could've made more from bonuswhoring (I multi-table 2/4). The split forced me to look into other sites. My income is up over $1000 per month easily. I play party and its platform much less. The biggest issue is keeping track my money and the 16 or so sites it moves between now.