Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: WHY GOD WHY

Well, personally I'm not much of a whiskey fan. Yesterday was dedicated to Captin'Mo. Today has been mostly Stoli, but right now I'm downing a Smithwicks. Call me a wuss, but at least I'm a drunk wuss. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

NL/PL Stud? Didn't know it even existed. Might have to get me an account just to check that out.

So my bankroll is on it's way to Netteller from Empire and Euro. Which seem to be dead right now as far as stud goes. But it's been interesting to see which players were on the skins(mostly better ones). I can beat the games w/o rb, but why would I give up an xtra $13 or so an hour of free $$$? From my perspective rb was even more important to tight ass studd players than the the hold'em guys. Less players/table and one more better round made it a gr8 deal. We'll see what we can get on Party b4 throwing the money back there. At least the games seemed to have been getting slightly bvetter in the last few weeks.

Best of luck to y'all. Hope it works out for the better.

---Lawnboy
Old 10-09-2005, 09:18 PM

I like beer. I like beer a lot, now that you mention it. I like wine too, but not as much as beer, and beer is a lot cheaper. I don't drink much liquor. I do like gin (gin and tonics are especially good in hot weather), and I'll have a Bloody Mary if I'm in a joint where I don't like the beer selection. Maybe a margarita at a Mexican restaurant.

I'm not big on whiskey. I'll drink it if it's free, but that's about it. Bourbon, I can't do. The one and only time I've ever had it was the night after I broke up with my last girlfriend in 1990. I had a little more than half the bottle, with predictable results.

And I don't want to hear about what you little sh*ts were doing in 1990.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And I don't want to hear about what you little sh*ts were doing in 1990.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was "experimenting" with couch cushions and a plastic bag with Crisco.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:45 PM

Beer is proof that there is a god, so the question posed in this thread may not be in vain.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:47 PM

Andy - as our resident beer guru what are your opinions on flavored beers and ciders? I had a 'pumpkin ale' yesterday (not by choice) and it was like drinking a [censored] pumpkin pie which is not as good as you would think.

Oh and in 1990 I was watching Disney Afternoons after getting home from school. My favorite was Duck Tales.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:04 PM

Boy, has this become a hijack'd thread, but I agree...
[ QUOTE ]
Mmmmmm....beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I cashed out of my Empire account just now until we find out what's going on; the stud tables are dead today. Just learned Stars has a Reload Bonus so I'll be there for a little while.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:05 PM

BTW, I'm not a big fan of silly beers, anything that has fruit floating in it should not be considered. But the Double Chocalate Stout is some mighty good stuff.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:19 PM

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin
Old 10-09-2005, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boy, has this become a hijack'd thread, but I agree...
[ QUOTE ]
Mmmmmm....beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I cashed out of my Empire account just now until we find out what's going on; the stud tables are dead today. Just learned Stars has a Reload Bonus so I'll be there for a little while.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too
Old 10-09-2005, 10:31 PM

Hefe Weizens and Belgian Whites are normally served with lemon slices, although Brit's in downtown Minneapolis serves Hoegaarden with orange slices. I cast the fruit aside myself, but in any case, these are serious beers.

And don't knock fruit in beer. There's nothing quite like a good lambic. Town Hall Brewery in Minneapolis has Lindemann's Framboise, a raspberry lambic, on tap. It is absolutely exquisite.

I'm getting thirsty now. I accidentally entered a satellite for a tournament that starts in an hour, and somehow won a seat. I should probably stay sober for that one. I'd better win this thing, because I ain't gonna be worth a damn at work tomorrow. They're used to that by now, I think.