Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Most Graphic Thing You\'ve Ever Seen In Real Life

Two things:

1)My mother breaking and dislocating both of her ankles in front of me. I still remember the sound, and knew exactly what had happened because my own ankle had made the same sound six months earlier.

2)As I said in the courage thread, I was one of the first people on the site of the 1999 Texas A&M Bonfire collapse. For those who don't know, an estimated 2-million-ton log stack collapsed on about 100 students, killing 12. I saw some horrible things, most notably a person folded in half to the wrong direction, towards their back. It's still not really easy for me to talk about...most likely I had PTSD following it.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:37 AM

i'm beginning to believe that reading this thread will be the most graphic thing i've ever seen or at least HEARD of!

sorry to hear about what you had to witness coffeecrazy1 =/
Old 08-15-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2)As I said in the courage thread, I was one of the first people on the site of the 1999 Texas A&M Bonfire collapse. For those who don't know, an estimated 2-million-ton log stack collapsed on about 100 students, killing 12. I saw some horrible things, most notably a person folded in half to the wrong direction, towards their back. It's still not really easy for me to talk about...most likely I had PTSD following it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a terrible thing. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] <font color="white">Yet it requires every oz. of self restraint to not tell an aggie joke every time I hear about it. </font>
Old 08-15-2005, 11:40 AM

Child-birth
Old 08-15-2005, 11:52 AM

Pretty tame by the standards here, when I was 9 one of my friends put a brake lever through his armpit, he passed out a couple of times, lots of blood and vomit, to be honest I'm here swallowing vomit now 20 years later. I can still see it plain as day.

Mack
Old 08-15-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One thing i saw that i doubt i'll ever forget is a man holding a press conference saying something to the effect of "i apologize and i hope you will not hold this against my family" then hands out letters of apology to like 5 people, then opens his briefcase, pulls out a very large handgun, says, you should leave if this will offend you (people scream "no, please don't do it") and shoots himself in the head. he falls down like a motionless sack and gushes blood for about 10 seconds, cameras running all the while.

the documentary showed the news report and then the actual video.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw this "live" on TV. I was about 13 or 14 and this was on satellite. I forget what office he held but it was in PA (for some reason I am thinking he may have been attorney general or some sort of law enforcement).

[/ QUOTE ]
Bud Dwyer
Obviously contains pictures NSFW.

I grew up near Pittsburgh and I remember this being all over the local news although when I had watched it they blacked out the shooting so I never saw the whole clip until years later.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I grew up near Pittsburgh and I remember this being all over the local news although when I had watched it they blacked out the shooting so I never saw the whole clip until years later.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, the song "Hey Man, Nice Shot" by Filter is said to be based on this event.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:34 PM

I was driving down the highway once (up from AC, acutally) and I saw a guy on a motorcycle about 3 cars ahead of me in the other lane lose control of his bike and go skidding along the pavement. He very very narrowly missed getting run over by the cars behind him, mainly because he was in the right lane and skidded into the shoulder.

I later read in the local newspaper that the guy walked away with some broken ribs, a fractured wrist and some bumps and bruises.

The Doc
Old 08-15-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Driving down I-75 south of Lexington KY, I saw what appeared to be a big bird flying up and down quite quickly far ahead. It was getting closer and closer, and larger and larger. After 5 or 6 trips up and back down, it became appearent to us in the car that it was a wheel that had come off a car. There was a bounce about 600 yards in front of us, then one 100 yards in front of us, then we accelerated under it, and it proceded to slam into the car behind us. The tire went through the entire car, sitting on the road. The lady driving was roughed up quite a bit, mainly from her windshield laying in her lap. I was afraid that I had seen some one die, but she ended up ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

so this "tire" bounced 500 yards, and in a straight line down the freeway no less.....if you say so.....
Old 08-15-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Driving down I-75 south of Lexington KY, I saw what appeared to be a big bird flying up and down quite quickly far ahead. It was getting closer and closer, and larger and larger. After 5 or 6 trips up and back down, it became appearent to us in the car that it was a wheel that had come off a car. There was a bounce about 600 yards in front of us, then one 100 yards in front of us, then we accelerated under it, and it proceded to slam into the car behind us. The tire went through the entire car, sitting on the road. The lady driving was roughed up quite a bit, mainly from her windshield laying in her lap. I was afraid that I had seen some one die, but she ended up ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

so this "tire" bounced 500 yards, and in a straight line down the freeway no less.....if you say so.....

[/ QUOTE ]

He was clearly driving in the opposite direction of the tire, so it didn't bounce 500 yards. Now, the number still seems a bit high, but he never said anything about 500, thats all in your head.