Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2005, 01:07 AM

Default The last weekly champ for this year

In an ugly ending week for this year's competition, congratulations to the Week #17 “3+1 NFL Challenge” solo champ <font color="green">eggzz</font>- the second time in the last 3 weeks that you've come out on top all alone! Very nicely done, especially given the general meltdown at the top of the leaderboard.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre><font color="purple">
WEEKLY STANDINGS- Week #17
Week's Record</font>

<font color="green"> eggzz 3-1- $800 </font>
<font color="blue"> </font>
beerbandit 2-1-1- $500

Bob L 3-1- $400
LockForward 3-1- $400
BellyBuster7 2-2- $400

lorinda 2-1-1- $300
TRWIII 2-1-1- $300

DOTTT 3-1- $200
Porcupine 3-1- $200
Michael Davis 3-1- $200
scalf 3-1- $200
MicroBob 2-1-1- $200
bugstud 2-1-1- $200
Rutis 2-2- $200

<font color="red">
justin D 2-2- $0
Easy E 2-2- $0
jamesburke 2-2- $0

MrDannimal 1-3- ($200)

SossMan 1-2-1- ($300)
kyro 1-2-1- ($300)
Aces McGee 1-2-1- ($300)

kdog 2-2- ($400)
junkmail3 2-2- ($400)
ftball0000 2-2- ($400)
New York Jet 2-2- ($400)
jpg777 1-3- ($400)
wuwei 0-2-1- ($400)

Rick Diesel 1-3- ($600)

ProfLupin 1-3- ($800)
AdamK 1-3- ($800)
Kevmath 1-3- ($800)
Ed Miller 1-3- ($800)

bosoxfan 0-3-1- ($900)

<font color="maroon">
THE SCALFIE ZONE
judgesmails 0-4- ($1,000)
NoChance 0-4- ($1,000)
Jeff A. 0-4- ($1,000)
</font> </font>
</pre><hr />

Handicappers of note on our final week:
<font color="red">cappers who picked the Boys</font>- Didn't think QB Junior had it in him, did you? You thought you were good when Vinnie didn't screw up at the end of the game.

<font color="blue"> ProfLupin</font>- welcome back to reality.

<font color="red"> NoChance </font>- gods, what an ugly two weeks.

<font color="orange"> jpg777</font> " I'll just have to settle for beating the 3+1 administrator." You should have known that those words would come back to haunt you…

As for myself, I should have looked at Week #1 again, when I had the Panthers as my #1 pick.... with the same results.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: The last weekly champ for this year

Thanks for running this through the year Easy. It has provided me with many hours of enjoyment (and slightly more hours of frustration [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

One thing I have learned that I never expected to hear myself thinking is that sometimes it is best not to ask why, just look at the numbers.
The Chiefs, Road, Suck thing was a pretty incredible earner and yet there's no realistic reason why a team should play THAT much worse on the road.
By the end I just followed it blindly and let the stats rather than the logic do the talking.

I have noticed that I've done well in the collective bad weeks.
It seems that I'm betting against the good players all the time, which in turn probably implies I bet like the public do [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Some lessons for me for next season. Now I just have to wait for the baseball I guess, other than a basketball fantasy league which seems to be full of morons (I'm in second place and had heard of one player at the start of the season)

Lori
Old 01-03-2005, 08:11 PM

Thanks Easy. Thanks for running the show, I echo everyone's sentiments. You put in a lot of work to help make this contest a success.

I wish there were a few more weeks left in the regular season, as I may have been able to close the gap a little more to gain on first place. My goal was to be in the black at the end of this competition, and I succeeded there.

I hope everyone, if not successful at this contest, was able to show an overall profit in the NFL during the regular season. I know that sometimes I did not put money on my selections, and sometimes I did. Rarely did I bet opposite of my selections, but similar to yesterday, I had a bad feeling about the Texans, but still kept it as one of my picks, moving it down to the 100 dollar play.

I didn't bet the Texans, but instead bet my other three games for winners and added Washington as well, but I didn't have the balls to make the Redskins one of my plays. I also bet the Bears, and almost made them a 300 dollar play but decided against it.

In hindsight, if I had the bankroll to play only my selections, and for the amount we stipulated them for, I would have won close to four grand, but I doubt that many of you did this. Would have been interesting to say the least.

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs. I assume the competition ended at the end of the regular season, so with that, congrats to Bugstud for winning the big enchilada. Great job. I hope you felt me breathing down your neck, lol.

I leave you all with one playoff caveat. Everyone is jumping on the Chargers bandwagon, as the game looks like two teams going in different directions. Keep in mind that San Diego hasn't been in the playoffs for a number of years, things may tighten up in the land of movie stars and sunshine. The Jets have the veteran team and this could be the upset of the week. Haven't looked at it closer than just a cursory glance, but many of my plays this year were contrarian. This would be quite the contrarian play. San Diego has a great team, and it would be quite disappointing for them to not win at least one game though. Don't put all your Eggzz in one basket on this one.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:41 PM

A big thanks to Easy for all the time and effort he put into this throughout the season. It was fun being the strongest handicapper here (that would be the one holding all the rest of you up) [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2005, 10:44 PM

Default One correction- to wuwei

I screwed up on wuwei's w/l record- corrected standing for Week #17:

<font color="red">wuwei 1-2-1- ($400)
jpg777 1-3- ($400) </font>

[i] see, jpg777, what happens when you call out the "3+1" admin? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2005, 02:27 AM

Really enjoyed this, and i lift my hat. Great job.