Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-21-2005, 03:40 PM

Default TT, two overs but hits a set in river

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP (poster) calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (9 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, MP calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP calls.

River: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

I must 3-bet, right?

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 12-21-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: TT, two overs but hits a set in river

Seems logical to me. If I was SB I can't see calling down with AJ here or J9 unless they were hearts. Or cold calling with QQ or KK. So his hand range is small. I would give credit to 2 pair and he is afraid you have AK. KT?

I'd call the 4 bet, of course, grumbling if he shows something like AJo or J9o... But be happy about it since this guy now is a fish.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:00 PM

Knowing that the SB capped prejudices the decision. Yes, I can't imagine not 3-betting that river; I couldn't re-raise fast enough. As winky pointed out, this was a very strangely played KK or QQ (and you haven't provided reads, so I won't assume illogical play), and if villain made a straight, then he's just the guy you want in your game. Not really close.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:03 PM

PF yes, you must 3bet.

OOP call is fine, w/ position you have to 3bet that.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:07 PM

I would 3bet preflop and on the river.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:35 PM

Why are we betting th turn? Is it because we have no reason to believe that someone has a K or Q? I take it we are folding to a c/r?
Old 12-21-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would 3bet preflop and on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree. Just calling here is preflop is bad. You really do not want the blinds to come along ... it's more fun playing TT for the best pair than for set potential.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:00 PM

I'd easily 3-bet this preflop, especially with a poster trapped in there.

I think the only hands that make sense for a decent player here are A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], or KT. So it's close but probably still a 3-bet.

Other possibilities from not so decent players are slowplayed sets (with KK/QQ discounted because they'd normally 3-bet), AA, an oddly played KQ or some crappy 2-pair hand like K5s - so against them it's an easy 3-bet.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:19 PM

He had AJ.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:22 PM

I bet the turn beucase I thought they might be on a FD or worse pair or something --&gt; didn't want to give a free card. I usually prefer betting the turn and cheking thr river than cheking the turn and then calling the river (I have to caal because they might be bluffing). I was going to fold to a turn c/r. good?

if the river is anything else than T, I check it if they check it to me. If it goes bet-call, I probably fold.