Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Thoughts on line taken?

No read yet on villain.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (9.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.20 BB
Old 12-08-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Thoughts on line taken?

You want to raise the flop here. On an uncoordinated board you may wanna wait till the turm to raise. Here, with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and 3 str. cards, you have to apply pressure as soon as possible.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:13 PM

I like raising the flop and playing it faster when the flop is 2 flushed. The line you took is one I'd take on a safer flop.

Looks like he made a runner runner [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] flush on you somehow?

AJ [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ?
Old 12-08-2005, 12:20 PM

I raise the flop here with the board giving so many draws. There are a number of turn cards that can be bad for your hand, so you want to put as much pressure on as possible right away. On the river, I just call that bet. If it's checked to me, I bet and call a check-raise. But I don't like his bet there with the 3rd spade on the board. He may be just betting a 2-pair he thinks is good, but getting 3-bet here with this board is not fun. Anyone else have any thoughts on this river?
Old 12-08-2005, 01:51 PM

The only question here is the raise on the river. You raised the turn correctly hoping to penalize someone with a four flush. When the spade falls on the end, I would have flat called
Old 12-08-2005, 04:54 PM

I disagree with the flop - I think the check is fine, as you aren't pricing his draw out here. However, if it doesnt hit on the turn you can make chasing incorrect.

The river I'm not sure on. I put him on AK or KQ, which might lead the river and call the raise. Dunno.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:55 PM

Yep.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:58 PM

Raising the flop does nothing. There are 4.5 big bets in the pot, raising here does not protect. And you get more value out of raising the turn since this flop hit most 3-betting preflop hands.

When there is more than 1 player in there, then the flop raise to thin the field seems better.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising the flop does nothing. There are 4.5 big bets in the pot, raising here does not protect. And you get more value out of raising the turn since this flop hit most 3-betting preflop hands.

When there is more than 1 player in there, then the flop raise to thin the field seems better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise this flop and not for protection but for value. This is the type of board that the other player probably hit and you still have outs to a FH if he has the straight or flush. If another scare card hits I might change tempos but on this board I am raising the flop.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:51 PM

I would have raised post flop. Normally I would slow down with trips, but with two clubs on board, I would want to make him pay if he's drawing to the flush (or straight in this case). River raise is pretty macho. I think given the three spades on the borad, I would have just called. As always, remember, I suck. Take it for what it's worth.