Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-08-2005, 10:27 AM

Default 2/4 vid, single table edited, turbo.

2/4 vid. single table of about 80-100 hands. edited and sped up to 180% speed. only about 11 minutes long.

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...W2IGHPA905CF0Q

i'm running good over these hands so i'm not sure if there's a lot of stuff to discuss. still, should be a fast watch.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Re: 2/4 vid, single table edited, turbo.

Im headed to bed, watched the first hand really quick though.

49 on a 44Qr flop, 5 in, unraised pot. U bet from the BB, call, call, BTN raises. Just call here. Then lead turn.

EDIT: also add Attempt to Steal blinds and Fold BB stat to your table display. I use those a ton, shorthanded.

EDIT2: this might be to marginal for some of u, I only mention this as food for thought...but on the K8s hand where u folded preflop, I Dont know if the table is tight or loose, but 5 handed first to act if the table is tight, raise there. If u are sitting at it, its probably not a tight table, but just wanted to mention as something to think about.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:09 AM

good idea on the trips hand. that probably would have gotten more action from the two dudes just calling.

i like the K8s raise. it's the worst suited king i raise UTG 5 handed as a 'default'. i just didn't want to do it because i had basically just sat at the table and been betting/raising every hand since i sat down. i'm probably giving my opponents too much credit but after those first 3 or so hands, i didn't really want to raise light. what do you think?
Old 12-08-2005, 05:18 PM

First & foremost, I admire your awesome flop hitting skills [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

BB play.
5:38 64o - SB open raises, you call
If you're calling this, then are you calling any two HU vs SB? I ask, b/c you folded all the following:
1:47 J7o - UTG PFR, CO CCs, you fold
7:28 Q7o - EP PFR, folded around (his stats are 29/29/1.0/67)
11:14 K4o - UTG limp, Btn raise, you fold

SB play. I'm confused.
1:56 K2s - UTG limp, you fold
3:06 K2s - UTG+1 limp, you fold
Am I assuming correctly that you won't play these b/c, having only one card w/o odds to hit flush make this unplayable?
10:00 K6s - 3 limp, you call
And I'm guessing this is good enough, b/c of odds for FD & not b/c of high card value, since MW action increases likelihood of domination. Right/wrong?
2:20 T6s UTG limp, you call
I'm confused, b/c I'd rather have K2s here, rather than T6s.
5:43 66 - UTG raises, Btn CC, you call
I don't see the odds to call here, PFR seems to have high WTS.

Btn play.
8:33 A7s board is 9674r.
You have 5 outs, and you're getting 8:1. Is that not enough?

10:37 ATo you raise on Btn CO limp. board is Ks4JsKd.
Did you think he had a 4 or a draw? I don't understand the reason behind the bet.

Other SB hand
11:17 95s - MP & CO call, you call (again, you call this but not K2s)
Board is 9857, you're raised by opponent w/ 3.3 AF. I guess we give him credit for calling the flop w/ a 6 or JT? Is there no chance you're ahead? I'm not much of a postflop player, but you're getting 6.5:1.

Also, what's that program you're using? I only know about Playerview & Gametime & I don't think it's either of those.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:06 PM

Around 5:20, it's folded to you in the SB and you open-complete with A4o. Seems like a standard raise.

Edit: Around 6:20 you do the same thing with T8s. Since the villain isn't a complete lag, I raise this one as well.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:11 PM

At 5:40 you defend in the BB vs SB with 46o and flop comes A9T. The guy has been raising you quite often, anyone try to take this pot off him? FWIW, I always fold here but this seems like a pot we could win.

At 9:30 you raise AK on the button, BB calls. Flop A83 and he check-raises you. You 3-bet. I would usually just call this flop and raise the turn. Get's an extra SB the times he is bluffing, as well as an extra SB when you're ahead. I doubt he's going to fold an ace here (or most pairs for that matter). Unless he's a real thinking player.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:20 PM

i promise to reply tomorrow morning. it's been a damn long night.

Hope i'm not in these [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] just kidding, as i avoid you [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2005, 07:04 PM

I call that raise with 94o on the Q44 board, 2 people behind you, I then check raise the turn, dunno how bad people think this is, but you definitely get 2SB extra at least, possibly much more if one of the other guys picks up something worthwhile. What was the button thinking calling with AQs, they really play that bad at 2/4?

Regards Mack
Old 12-08-2005, 07:14 PM

Default 9Ts

2 overs plus gutshot plus back door flush, was the fold a misclick, I guess that guy doesn't do a lot of raising? I probably 3 bet it, then I am a spewer.

Regards Mack
Old 12-08-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call that raise with 94o on the Q44 board, 2 people behind you, I then check raise the turn, dunno how bad people think this is,

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah thats pretty gross. Flop call is good, keep the others in. But why CR btn on the turn...on one hand BTN could just check (doubtful, but could happen)...and your CR faces the other guys w/ 2 bets and forces them out of the pot. You hand is a monster here.