Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-05-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: TPTK

Minraising sure does get a lot of respect around here. Problem is that he's put you to a stack threatening decision for cheap. He sure is selling the fishy AA here, but if I had AA with these stacks I would definately just call having my opponent crushed.

If he can think that far ahead call and call his turn push. If he is fishy enough to min raise AA twice, both preflop and then on the flop on this board, then by all means get out.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:46 PM

With his reraise preflop on this board, AA is the only holding he can have which beats me. And with his flop play, it seems to be what he's representing. But how can I give him credit for AA when there's exactly one combination possible? But if he doesn't have AA, then what else could he have? I called his reraise and checked the turn to him, he pushed, I called, he had AA and I felt stupid.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:50 PM

Why did you raise the flop?

Villain has AA/AK, you have to fold (its far more likely to be AA).
Old 12-05-2005, 08:15 PM

I believed he had KK-JJ and was done with the hand unless he sucked out. I wanted to knock him out and build the pot against the donk. I felt they probably had five outs combined and I wouldn't know what they were until it was too late.