Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 03:06 AM

Default TPTK

2/4 6-max at Stars

I raise to $14 UTG with AKo. One player folds and the CO reraises to $24. He has done this to me one other time. I think I folded on the flop. Some players fold, and the BB calls. The BB previously limped in and then cold-called $50 with ATo when I raised and a shortstack pushed over the top. So he doesn't need much to call $20 here.

Flop is A42 rainbow. We check to the CO and he bets $8. On a previous hand he bet $12 on the river into a pot of nearly $70 and folded when I raised to $50. That's all I know about his underbets. The BB calls, and I raise to $60. The CO reraises to $112 and the BB folds. The CO has about $200 remaining after this raise. I haven't seen him do anything out of line or stupid or make any moves like this.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:12 AM

Default Re: TPTK

Ugh. Smells so very, very, very much like AA and I just can't imagine him not having either AA or AK here.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh. Smells so very, very, very much like AA and I just can't imagine him not having either AA or AK here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-05-2005, 03:59 AM

Looks like a pretty easy laydown.

You think he has AQ?

Your check/raise here shows a lot of strength, especially with the donk in the middle, and he ain't scared.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:10 AM

Yup, time to fold. Fear the mini-raise preflop.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, at best we are looking at a split, but it does really smell like AA. I think I lay it down
Old 12-05-2005, 01:08 PM

Garland always advises keeping track of what minraises mean, both pre-flop and post-flop. I don't think TPTK wants to put it all in here OOP, and if you call you're going to the felt. Clear fold.

Pre-flop I might fold AKo if I get min-raised.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:00 PM

bad players who min re raise pf don't 3 bet that flop with top set

call flop...check/raise all in on turn
Old 12-05-2005, 02:06 PM

I disagree with the AA read here. I actually think you're looking at an AK split or he's trying a semi-bluff with KK or QQ. If he is crafty enough to try to minraise with AA, why on earth would he push against the check-raise when he's got position? I think a player that crafty would call here, then let you lead into him on the turn, which is what you're likely to do. If you don't, then he simply bets again and waist for you. No need to build the pot any more here.

Also, he's shown that he likes to minraise. Minraise pf. Bet into the flop was 2bb and is about 10% of the pot? Doesn't sound like he's betting for value. Yeah, it doesn't sound like he's worried, but it again the reraise sounds like he now wants to protect what he has. A42 rainbow with a pf raise? A set of As has to feel pretty safe there.

And if you'll push, you eliminate your disadvantage of position. You're committed, and it's final.

Of course here a lay down is fine, too. As everyone has implied, TPTK is a pretty weak holding, so you have to figure you'll have a better time to bust him. Maybe when you flop a set and he's holding a top pair.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:21 PM

Well from your description of Co he is probably only going to min-raise preflop with AK,AA,KK,QQ,JJ. I just don't find it that easy to put villan on AA and find it much more likely you are up against KK or AK.

A bad player could easily interpret your check raise on the flop as someone trying to represent an Ace with a lower PP. I'm not worried about the 4 or 2 so I'm probably calling the flop min-raise and check raising the turn all in.

Your ahead of two much of his range and the case Ace flopping when he has AA is so rare that I'm just going to play the odds. A lot of villans don't like letting go of KK and think they can push you off a low Ace.